Wednesday, May 22, 2019

yes, i'm listening


I almost went back to midtown after the maritime-themed birthday60+1 party downtown.
Yes, even though it was Wednesday and a PFS movie night.
I thought I'd figured out the "mystery" vampire movie - I suspected a Hammer production - and my plan was to do a touch-and-go at the 'Bean.
Once I realized I was mistaken about the film's identity, I stayed.
I'm so very thankful that I did!
Jack Palance was the star, in a 1973 movie for the British telly called "Bram Stoker's Dracula" (now known simply as "Dracula").
Such a handsome beast he was, too!
I can certainly understand how fair maidens might be drawn to his embrace.
But his heart belonged to only one - his long-lost wife.
Then he saw a photograph of Lucy, who could only be her, come back into the world after so long... and the chase was on!
Such a grand romance, a la 'beauty and the beast' style!
Right place, right time.
I am such a fan of Jack Palance, who was 54 years old in this role -
so this movie was truly one for me, with a romantic man similar to my age!
Right place, right time.
Here, though, is how I know this was no coincidence.
Jack Palance was born February 18, 1919 -
one hundred years after the S.S. Savannah set her course for Liverpool -
in England, where this film was made.
Right place, right time.
i thank You, God!

No comments: