Monday, May 6, 2019

farewell to John


Everyone knows them as "two lovebirds", flying close together for the last twenty years.
No longer can they do so.
My Aunt Barbara's second husband and the love of her life, John Narcarti, has died.
His funeral was held this morning.
I had intended to go to the visitation last night, in Glennville, but could not.
He and my aunt had missed Easter in Augusta, as John was ill, but he had been improving.
That was his body's last hurrah, it seemed.
He died on Friday, May 3rd.
I truly feel for my Aunt Barbara.
She was my age when she and he found each other on a square dance floor.
I hope memories of those two decades will help bring solace...
especially as she is now alone, with her daughters scattered in three directions.
Maybe she will travel for awhile.
I can vouch for "waking up somewhere else" as good for loss adjustment.

No comments: