Saturday, July 15, 2023

boys' birthdays - bippity boppity boom!

Am I insinuating that there was magic involved!
Darn tootin', I am!
My pledge to pay for everyone's tickets had them at the cinema before me!
(smile!)

And what a group we had!
Zach is in the middle, with his girlfriend, Krystal, and her little Olivia.
To the left was Michael and Alyssa and Leila.
Plus, Christina and Miyah and Chloe, and C J was with them, on the right.
And, get this: even my brother Smitty was there, standing with Kobe by his side!!!
How very nice!!!
(smile!)
We were all gathered together for our third weekend as Summer Kids on Saturday at AMC's Summer Camp Movies!
The twelve of us had the screening room all to ourselves again.
We might just as well have had a private movie!
(smile!)
"Mummies" was the cine du jour and none of us had ever seen it.
Not a single one of us, not even me!
That's because it was only shown in Spain when it premiered earlier this year.
Not that the movie set in Egypt (and England) was in Spanish, which was good; it was spoken English and the computer-animated characters could pass for regular hand-drawn.
Very nice work, and a good story, too, of an archaeologist who "found" a wedding ring and was going to make it "the jewel of his museum".
Get the pun?
Hahahahaha!
But the bride and groom needed it for their nuptials, so a chase ensued, which the kids got a thrill from, especially with the boomerang-throwing little brother and his pet crocodile.
Very funny stuff!
And guess what the last song was?
So, of course I got up and danced that way, joined by Miyah and Chloe and even Kobe!!!
What a thrill!!!
I thought Smitty might join us, but he had paused at the foot of the stairs, with C J behind him, so I took that opportunity to officially introduce them.
"Christian, this is my brother. His name is Harvey, but he's called Smitty because he is a Junior, too, like you."
Being a jokester, Smitty had popped out, "Oh, is that the reason why I'm called Smitty?"
Hahahahaha!
 
I suggested to C J that he might want "Gru" due to his last name, but he says everyone calls him "Junior", except at school, where he's called "Chris".
He'll figure it out.
He's a pretty smart kid, even though he's a little shy.
He's 14 years old now and when I gave him the Savannah Bananas ballcap, he put it on justthatfast, wearing that hat and a smile for the rest of the time at the pizzeria!
That was about thirty minutes in actuality.
We'd already been there at least an hour when Zach and his party had to leave.
That's when there was a mad dash to the cars for me and Michael and Smitty!
(smile!)
We hadn't any of us thought to bring the birthday gifts for the two boys in with us, right?
(Hey, I'm just glad I thought to locate them in my 'gift closet' before I left!
No cards this time, or even gift wrap, but that was fine with the two teen recipients!)
The "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" activity set was bought from Kobe a few months ago, when I found out he was taking martial arts.
I don't know if the 13-year-old is going to do any coloring, but the book has all kinds of puzzles that he can do with his dad... or maybe even Grandpa Smitty!
I liked how carefully he put it back into the mailer to keep it, and the colored pens, all together.
Very nicely done!
(smile!)
Then Smitty gave me the receipt - he'd bought me lunch at Cici's! - and Michael and I went back into the chill to give our presents to C J and wait for the girls to get done playing.
(smile!)
I do so enjoy these Saturday meetings with all of them!
They enjoy it, too, or they most certainly wouldn't be driving in from Port Wentworth, Guyton, and Hinesville. 
It's nice that they make a point to thank me for arranging these family get-togethers.
I realize it gives the kids something to do on summer break, but it also gives the parents a chance to talk and get to know each other again.
I'm sure going to miss this next week, but I think I'll broaden the invites for the one in two weeks, seeing if Christy and Damon, and maybe even Emily and Stephen, might want to join us for these movies.
Who knows?
So far, it's been pretty magical!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Today, I found out that Kobe has been doing the TMNT activity book I gave him!
Hooray!!!