Sunday, July 8, 2018

answering the call


"Happy 56th birthday to my brother Ronnie! We finally connected today - long story - and did brunch at IHOP. We also went to see "Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom" and loved it! And in between, we were at Memorial Hospital, where he was found to have an Acromioclavicular Joint Separation on his left shoulder - but he's in a sling and on meds, so he should be okay in a few weeks. Thanks, Terri Tatum and Tony E Smith for helping us connect!"


I had posted the above message on facebook yesterday evening, after taking my middle brother back to the Dairy Queen, per his request.
Once he realized yesterday how hot my house was, he did not want to stay with me.
I totally get that.
This is my choice and I don't expect others to choose the same.
Going back to his life on the streets is his choice.
I accept that.
I am relieved that he now has a telephone and hope he will keep it for a while.
I am relieved to have finally found him, after six months of not even seeing him.
I am blessed to have been called to his aid, not by phone, but by God.
This time, I am sure it was Grandmama and Grandpa that were urging me to seek Ronnie.
I had a very clear image of Grandmama while I was searching yesterday.
How wonderful that God can take any form, but especially that of a loved one now gone from this world and living on as a spirit.
My apologies for taking so long to respond, but I had not recognized the message.
I will try harder to be listening henceforth.

i thank You, God, for calling me to my brother's side.

10 comments:

ex-DJ Marguerite said...

Happy Birthday, Ronnie!

cousin Becky said...

Happy Birthday, Ronnie....get well soon.

ex-gf Donna said...

Take care Ronnie ❤

neighborhood friend Hokie said...

Love it, my mom's birthday as well, enjoy my buddy ras!!!!

new sis-in-law Laura said...

So happy this worked out finally!!!

faustina said...

(my response to Laura)

Me, too. I've been getting more and more frantic to find him for the past two weeks. I thought it was because of my upcoming trip, but now I know it was God urging me on. Two weeks ago is when Ronnie fell and injured his shoulder and he has been in pain ever since. I am so blessed to have had this time available to look for him and get him to the hospital. God is amazing!

hvj Josie said...

Welcome back Ronnie. Miracles do happen.

ex bro-in-law David said...

Tell him hello and happy birthday.

faustina said...

I know I was meant to find him.
He was wearing an old T-shirt, with the message "Welcome to Las Vegas Nevada" emblazoned across the front, that classic neon sign.
I leave for Vegas on Wednesday...
coincidence?
No.
Right place, right time.

outlaw Dee said...

Dee Smith Phillips
July 11 at 10:49 AM

So good to hear. Happy Birthday Ronnie. I love you so very much!