Sunday, July 15, 2018

elvis and vegas, baby! day 4, 1st part

Today's wardrobe was built for dancing, but also for withstanding a bus ride later.
The dolphin-frolicking top was courtesy of Mother Pat, as I knew she would have enjoyed this trip, too.
I think it goes quite nicely with my kicky dark green skort and turquoise bracelet from my stepmom!
Breakfast? That was the leftover chicken and brussels sprouts from last night - good even though cold!
Before heading downstairs to check out of Room 613,
I took one last look at the desert I'd be traversing.
That sixth floor view does have its charm, especially
knowing The Strip lies just beyond...
but give me the ocean any day!
Still, it has been a good change of pace to make me appreciate rolling waves that much more.
(smile)
I'm glad I didn't dally around this morning!
It was only 11 AM and the first show was starting
right on time!
Rex Fowler told us he'd first heard of Elvis'
generosity with automobiles about the same time
that "200 Motels" came out.
It made him wonder: just how many cars had been
given away by The King during his short life?

The answer was in the film "200 Cadillacs".
Just an hour in length, the 2004 documentary chronicled the generosity of the legendary
King of Rock 'n' Roll.
Over the course of his two-decade career,
the man gave away two hundred of the luxury vehicles to friends... and to strangers.
Rex Fowler, the producer, is the man who was so inspired by stories of Elvis' largess that he researched the truth to document it.
He also wrote a lot of songs about Elvis for the film... and, he was there for a Q&A session!!!
(I had already watched the film, so that was icing on my birthday cake!)
What a way to start the morning of the last day of the Las Vegas Elvis Festival!
(smile)
Here's another good thing for this last day:
I finally got the hotdog I'd been wanting!
For the last three days, I had found myself truly
craving a hotdog with sauerkraut.
Odd, I know, but a girl wants what a girl wants.
(smile)
My thanks to the Sports Bar for this treat!
And where did I go to enjoy this meal?
Out to the Mystic Falls Garden, naturally!
(Yes, pun intended, my dear!)
I was even going to be in time for a last water show at the Mystic Falls!
Then I noticed that my owl had followed me to Las Vegas... nah, that one is a fake, folks!
The water show was no illusion, though!
Patriotic music playing the background, the Falls mystically (get it?) parted and reformed, sometimes in four sprays, sometimes just one, sometimes an entire curtain of sinus-hydrating fluids misting into the air -
how delightful!
I'm going to miss this, tomorrow.
Today, though, I am reveling in it!
i thank You, God!

No comments: