Wednesday, July 18, 2018

dogs and dancers and dino

My last day in Vegas and I still had money to burn,
thanks to Diamond Resorts!
Off I headed to Planet Hollywood's Miracle Mile
after polishing off the Hard Rock doggie bag!
I had two shows to attend before I left town,
and my first goal was to exchange my two groupons
for actual tickets - done!
I even had time for a beaver shot of the redhead -
the physicist greatly appreciated that!

I had a bit of time before the first show,
so I bopped around under the blue 'sky',
enjoying the memories of my 2013 trip.
Look, there's the Salsa Cantina, by the redhead -
good margaritas were had there one night!
A little farther down was Blondie's, where I had lunch before another show!
Good times for sure that October!

Then it was time to head back to the V Theatre
for the 4 PM Gregory Popovich's Comedy Pet Theater!
I had so enjoyed it five years ago -
all the talented dogs and cats, even a duck!
Would the Red Skelton-style skits still shine?
They did!
As did the juggling and all the animal antics!
Plus, they have added a silks aerialist - hooray!

Now what to do before the evening show?
Well, first, I located the Saxe Theatre.
Along the way, I had seen Lobster ME -
what was that all about?
Great eats on the cheap, that's what!
I had a lobster taco and a grilled shrimp taco -
and they even gave me free chips and cheese!
Plus, since it was Taco Tuesday,
I ate for less - perfect, with no leftovers!

I walked around a bit more, watching for the Rainstorm on the Miracle Mile, but my timing was off.
That's okay, I'd wait until after Vegas! The Show!
And look what I found inside the Saxe -
a replica of the famous Las Vegas sign!
Magnificent! Pretty nice photo of me, too!
(smile!)

As for the show, it was a superb variety act!
Feathered dancers! Glittery singers!
Dino and Frank and Sammy Davis, Jr.!
Tom Jones! Elvis! Gladys Knight with her Pips!
And songs turned into skits - "The Candy Man"
had girls throwing treats! "The Devil In Disguise"
had brides in fluffy white become red-clad sirens!
"What's New Pussycat" - pretty obvious,yes?
Then came the acrobats and the wry juggler!
What a magnificent show!

Now for a little dessert for my taste buds!
Over to the Ben & Jerry's I strolled, getting my
coconut almond fudge chip cone just in time
for the 9 PM Rainstorm - very nice!
Then outside, into the heat and the crowds
on the sidewalk, and what did I see?
The Fountains at the Bellagio were doing their
9:30 PM dance, moving to the music in my head!

Back into the cool of Planet Hollywood,
retracing my steps along the Miracle Mile,
heading south down The Strip.
Then, while I was traversing a side street
via the glass walkway, I saw shining brightly
the purple lights of my Las Vegas home in May of 2010, October of 2013, and on this 2018 summer trip:
Polo Towers.

Now to bed I go.
I'm checked in for my 11:30 AM flight tomorrow, my bags are packed, and I've placed my call to Bell Trans for the shuttle to pick me up around 8:30 AM.
Here's hoping for on-time flights and "Isle Of Dogs" still on the in-flight movie list!
(smile)
i thank You, God, for this blessed birthday trip!

No comments: