Tuesday, July 17, 2018

between an m&m and a hard rock

Woohoo! Here I am, off to do battle!
The evil beasts of Diamond Resorts awaited me
in their lair at the top of the building.
The goons at Polo Towers had nagged me into an
"owner update" meeting - misnomer for a sales pitch
to get more of my money -
so I was there to get paid.
And I did - $150 of VISA cards -
and an iPad, too.
Thanks, Jeff Galloway.
Now, to have fun at their expense!

My first stop was M&Ms World!
Ms. Green was looking out from the top floor,
toward the mountains to the west,
but I chose the view to the north!
Ah, the sweet and dark smell of the chocolate
was so intoxicating!
Ms. Green even came out for a visit!
Right place, right time!
i thank You, God!
After hobnobbing with her by the race car,
I made sure to get some smashed pennies
to mark the occasion, with one for Tony -
these are his favorite candies!
Then I was off to experience the 4-D film,
"I Lost My M In Vegas!"
What's that fourth dimension?
The rushing air and other special effects
off the screen and around the viewers!
I enjoyed it so much that I saw it twice!
I had passed by the ID tag machine's
bright yellow bulk several times,
but something made me stop for a
closer look at its wares.
Then, I truly saw it - the Elvis M&M dogtag!!!
It even had purple highlights!!!
I had it engrave a special message -
FAUSTINA
60TH BDAY

- just for me!
Now, it's on my key ring that Mama gave me for
my 19th birthday, along with my real USN dogtag.
Those are both 41 years old, by the way.
(smile!)

Next stop?
Well, smelling all that chocolatey goodness
really worked up a powerful thirst.
Fortunately, the Coca-Cola Store was just
a few doors down!
Ahhhhhh!!! Nothing quite as thirst-slaking
as an ice-cold Coca-Cola ICEE -
the taste that refreshes!
(smile!)


***** H * E * L * L * O **** G * O * R * G * E * O * U * S *****
Thanks, T-Mobile! I appreciate that!
(smile!)

By the time I finished my exploration of the Showcase Mall, it was not only five o'clock somewhere,
it was five o'clock in Vegas, baby!
Time for a very late slunch and a libation!
Over to the Hard Rock Cafe with my bad self!
What a book to have been seated by The Killers
and the Panic! At The Disco -
they're both Las Vegas bands that made it big!
Eric was the best waiter on this trip!
He encouraged me to take in the sights while my food was being prepared and that's what I did, too.
The guitar had belonged to Paul Stanley of KISS -
so I had to send the photo to my ex!
"I've never seen that one. It's like half of a Flying V fused with half of a shrunken Explorer. Weird!"
Woohoo! That meant he loved it!
I loved all the memorabilia that had belonged
to Elvis Presley!
The turquoise and brown patterned shirt that
screamed 1970's style really made me smile,
reminding me of some of the shirts my brother
Smitty wore in high school.
These dragon-embroidered pants, though,
were what I most liked.
I sure would love to have a pair of these,
especially with Elvis in them!
(smile!)
Oh, and look at my gorgeous food!
The Southwest flatbread, sans cheese,
flanked on the left by the generous portion of
side salad and lemon vinaigrette,
with the Apple Cobbler - no ice cream, thanks! -
taking up the right side.
So good to have dessert along with the meal!
Thanks, Eric!
Nice entertainment accompanied my dining pleasure!
Here was Kool & The Gang, encouraging me to "Get Down On It", which I did, all while enjoying a pure smorgasbord of music videos!
There was Garbage with "Special", the Blue Oyster Cult's "Godzilla", some "Breathe Me" by Sia, Muddy Waters and his "Mannish Boy", Green Day going "Bang Bang", and the Cure telling me it was "Just Like Heaven".
My, oh, my, how had they known?

I even took a bit of that heaven - in the form of flatbread and cobbler - away with me for breakfast tomorrow.
Now, I'm settled in from the heat of the sidewalks, chilled Guinness Stout at my side, for a bit of "Sex In The City" - and sweet dreams of Mr. Big later.
(smile)
What a great day this has been, and all at no cost to me!
i thank You, God!

No comments: