Thursday, July 19, 2018

well, that battery just couln't take the heat

So... I returned from Las Vegas last night.
The plane was a bit later than scheduled, due to a storm in Atlanta, but I was
on the ground here by 9 PM.
Barbara and Sandy met me at the airport and took me for a rare meal at Chedddars.
Then, they dropped me at home and I slept in my own bed, with my own pillow...
very good!
Thanks, mis amigas!

Today, I slept until after 1 PM.
Then, I did some unpacking and thought I'd like to go see "Ant-Man And The Wasp" -
get a bit of popcorn, right?
However, my car wouldn't start.
Surely that three-year-old battery hadn't died...?
My neighbor and his family were heading out, but he took a few moments
to use his handheld charger to get my car started.
Vroom! Vroom! Off I went to the cinema, taking the long way.
Thanks, Robert!

After the movie, the car refused to start.
Again.
No lights, no sound, nothing.
Apparently, that thirty minutes of driving had not done the trick.
My brother Smitty came to my rescue, using his handheld charger to get me on the road again.
He told me the heat had probably killed the battery and I needed to get it replaced.
Off I went to Firestone!
Thanks, Smitty!

And I get to the Firestone... and they had closed early for a meeting.
Oh, no! What to do???
Leaving my car running, I ran up to the door anyway...
Dave must have seen the stricken look of panic on my face.
He opened the door, listened to my tale of woe, and...
here's the amazing part...
he took charge and handled the situation for me, a valued customer.
As good fortune would have it, the battery I needed was in stock.
As more good fortune, Adam was there to remove the old battery and put in the new one.
Right place, right time... and right people.
Thanks, Dave and Adam!

Now, I'm off to join Barbara and Sandy and Carolyn for a trip that was planned before I even left for Nevada.
We're all going to "Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again!", to dance in our seats!
i thank You, God, for these little miracles in my life!

No comments: