Friday, July 27, 2018

better get kraken on those gifts!

It's a pun, y'all!
You know how I love those!
Though I must admit to having krakens
on the brain of late.
I think the sidewalk art festival is to blame!
I don't think I'd ever seen them drawn there before.
The 3-D additions also made an impact on me -
even without my touching them!
(smile)
I think that's why I was drawn to this deodorant -
the kraken on my brain.
New underarm odor protectant was needed and I was
looking for something with Old Spice.
I've always liked the way it smells.
And what new scent was there?
Kräkengard! With the "unspeakable power
of the ancient ocean"!
True story! I took it to Vegas, too, baby!
Then, yesterday, I had even more Kracken going on!
I had taken my brother, Ronnie, to see "Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation", and there the beast was,
singing and dancing!
The good news is I now know how
to tame a Kraken.
First, use "Good Vibrations" to soothe its jangled nerves.

After all, that's a lot of pressure down in the ocean's depths!
(smile) Get the joke?
Next, "Don't Worry, Be Happy" will hit its sweet spot, man.
(Tune it in to the Rasta wavelength!)
Last, use "La Macarena" to work out the kinks in those tentacles - oh, yeah!
That will be one re-lax-ed Kraken!
(smile)

Now, let's get crackin' on those birthday gifts, shall we?
Not that they were for me...
I got them to share the love with others.

This lovely, reusable tote bag was given to the physicist at lunch today.
(By coincidence, we ate at Sushi Zen, but the order in the photo was from my Florida trip in May.)
The bfe loved the geometric kitteh - hooray!
After lunch, we took in a movie he chose, "Sorry To Bother You", which turned out to be more science fiction than expected, but really good.

On Sunday, Smitty and Tony had come by to install this -
a real live, honest-to-goodness air conditioner!
We have it set up to stream cool air into the dining and living rooms, with fans for the other rooms.
(I'll be curious how it will impact my electric bill.)
I gave Tony a smashed penny with a racecar on it,
obtained from M&Ms World - his favorite candy.
Smitty received two coasters from The Angry Butcher,
a swanky eaterie at Sam's Town.

This Gilchrist & Soames beauty and bath kit went to Carolyn last Friday, as an early 72nd birthday present.
Its duplicate will be given to Barbara tonight, as a belated 67th birthday gift.
Each of them contain a quartet of the company's BATHE liquids, as well as soap, a toothbrush, a pouch of cotton swabs and wipes, and a shower cap - all in a see-through travel bag for easy plane travel.

How true it is: 'tis better to give than to receive!
(smile!)

No comments: