Monday, July 2, 2018

absolutely!


Hallejulah!
Tony was released on parole this morning at 4 AM.
I wasn't there for that event, but I was present to bear witness as he wed Laura.
That was about seven hours later,
at Walk In Weddings, this cool site in the Starland District.
Wonder of wonders, our brother Smitty was able to stand as Best Man and Laura's stepsister, Robin, was there as matron of honor.
Hallelujah!

Honestly, when I had arrived at the agreed time
and was the only one there with the officiate,
I had been quite concerned.
Was the wedding still on?
Had Tony not been released?
Were they having a problem with paperwork?
But something kept drawing my gaze skyward,
following the near-halo rainbow as it bounced
here and there, finally revealing... a heart.

All was well, it told me, be patient, with love.
And so I was, occupying the next hour with conversation with the vicar, Rev. Wesley Kramer.
He was not flustered at all by the fortunate delay.
That delay allowed Smitty to be between appointments.
That delay gave Robin the lunch break needed.
Little miracles for this couple whose courtship has been
a six-month series of little miracles.
i thank You, God.

The service was quite beautiful,
beginning one minute past 11 AM,
with the vicar providing words of wisdom
to the couple.
Seven minutes later, Tony was placing the ring
of love upon Laura's left hand and delivering
his promises to her.
(She had already done the same for him.)
By eleven past 11 o'clock, the vicar had proclaimed
them to be husband and wife.
Only ten minutes to go from single to wedded!
I shed a few tears during the ring exchange,
wiping them on my sleeve, as is my wont.
I am so happy for both of them, I truly am.
Still, I know the road ahead will be quite stressful,
but they will have each other - and all of us -
and their faith in God, to support and guide them.
i thank You, God.

No comments: