Friday, July 20, 2018

summer camp, theatre style!



Oh, how I wish I could say that I had seen all of these!
I wasn't paying attention, in truth, and missed half of the productions.
Believe me, I'll watch the Savannah Childrens' Theatre website more closely next year.

"Phantom Tollbooth, Jr." was the
first of the threesome I saw...
and it was a musical!!!
Words versus numbers, with both lost without rhyme and reason!
Brothers versus each other and against their sisters.
And it was a children's musical!
Wow.
Not only that, but it starred a dog!
That's important to me this year.
(smile!)
I loved Tock, the "watch" dog!
Such glorious puns throughout!

This morning, I saw my second one of these productions, and it, too, was a musical!
"Peter Pan, Jr." was filled with mostly little kids, unlike the above show.
(That show was actually seen on June 30th.)
I was one of two audience members, but that's okay - she and I cheered even louder for that!
My thanks to Georgette for the free pass for this special morning rehearsal!


I'll be looking forward to the season-ender I'll see on Sunday!
(That sure was a bunch of "s" words, wasn't it?)
(smile!)

No comments: