Thursday, March 28, 2019

30th smf, day one, concert one

Top o' the morning to ya!
Nothing like a bit of an Irish lilt - wrapped around ballads of murder, madness, and mayhem -
with John Doyle (who I am sure I danced to in years past at Kevin Barry's pub, with Sue and her parents, Maggie and Ed Boyd)!
What a grand way to begin this first day of the 30th year of the Savannah Music Festival!
How blessed I am to be a volunteer again, too!
Not only was this the first day, but this concert was the first for this year's festival!
I think they wanted to show off the renovations to this venue, the Charles Morris Center.
Aren't these new chairs quite fabulous?
The patrons sure think so, especially compared to the folding ones of years past.
I certainly agree!
Not that chairs are that important to me at concerts.
I stand and I dance, dance, dance!
This pizza pinwheel breakfast, featuring boiled eggs, turkey pepperoni, and mandarin orange, provided plenty of energy for me, too.
I put that energy to good use, too, for songs like the sea-faring man's ballad, "Rounding The Horn", and the love-spurned tale, "Willie Taylor", as well as "Fall Down Billy O'Shea", about a drunken night's revelry leading to a life at sea.
How appropriate for a venue beside The Pirates' House!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

So, why am I tagging this "birthday60"?
Because I regard it as a gift, of course!
A gift of music, new to me, for my listening and dancing pleasure - and without the thirty-dollar ticket price.
Volunteering = gift to me!