Friday, March 15, 2019

happy 36th, my dearest first niece

I am so blessed.
Today was one of those days when I needed a little tender loving care.
Today was also Christina's birthday.
I called her after she was to leave work, to sing "Happy Birthday" to her and 'keep her company' on her drive home to Hinesville.
Instead of driving, she was running an errand and would be in Savannah a while. Would I like to have dinner with her?
Of course I would!
So, I joined her at Verizon, where they had to order a new phone for her.
Then, we were off to one of her favorites: Olive Garden!
By the time we got there, it was half-past seven.
I suggested we invite Kevin, as it's been months since they've talked.
And so the running bear was texted and agreed to come along, too.

But first, I had her all to myself
for a little while - so very nice!
We talked about the lovely luncheon
she'd had with Christian and the
sparkly necklace and earrings he'd
gifted to her.
Plus, our waiter, Andre, was so very
charming and attentive and happy
- what a bonus!
He gladly granted her all of my
cheese on her soup!
He graciously gave her even more of
my cheese for her pasta!
(smile)
Then Kevin came along and Andre had
him caught up with us in no time!

About fifteen minutes later, Miyah
was dropped off by Ebony, after their
circus adventure...
and when she saw me,
she held out her arms and had
such a big grin...
oh, how I love that littlest girl!
I allowed Christina and Kevin to
chat and catch up while I played
with the girl, chasing her around
and tickling her and just generally
being a silly G'Aunt with her!
All of that reminded me of how much
fun I used to have with all of my
nieces and nephews when they were little,
choosing their company in Frank and
Mama's back yard over the 'adult'
conversations in the house.
Good times!

I'm so glad those good times are here again with new little ones!
Miyah is even talking more, ever since she had drainage tubes placed into her ears.
Here, she and Christina are saying "toodle oodle oo" - or something like that - I was laughing so much I'm not sure just what they were chortling in that silly voice!
Good times, such good times, with more to follow tomorrow, at the cookout at her mom's house!
i thank You, God!

1 comment:

faustina said...

I missed the cookout.
I had thought I was to be texted when they were leaving downtown Savannah, after the St. Patrick's Day parade.
That didn't happen.
By the time I checked to see if the cookout was still going to happen, it was really too late for a trip out to Guyton.
Now, I have a casserole dish full of mac'n'cheese all to myself.
Silver linings...