Sunday, June 26, 2022

all masked up and out the door!

Like I told my cousin Lynn, who recently broke her wrist, "A woman living alone has to heal faster. There's no one else to do the cooking, or do the laundry, or do the sweeping, or do the dish washing, or do the shopping."
She totally agreed.
So, on Day 8 with COVID, as I am presuming I still have it as I have no more tests yet to confirm or deny it, I went out to take care of business.

First stop was the CVS on Wilmington Island.
The manager had told me when I was last there that she would make sure to order more of the Ensure for me.
It's special, being made of plant protein instead of whey protein, which is full of lactose.
I had tried both the vanilla and the chocolate flavors and much refer the vanilla.
(For comparison purposes, I'd also picked up two different brands that were lactose-free, to see how they would taste and to check the mouth-feel.
The Owyn was better than the Ripple - which always makes me think of Boone's Farm wine, though that would have been decades ago - but neither was as tasty as the Ensure, and the Ripple tended to leave an aftertaste.
Also, all three had 20 grams of protein, but differed in amounts of fiber.
The Ensure and Owyn each offered 5 grams of fiber, but the Ripple only had 1 gram.
Okay, that wraps up that experiment!)
True to her promise, the manager did have more in stock, so I bought two of the three four-packs of vanilla on the shelf.

Next on my list: groceries!
Specifically, that meant milk, of course.
Food Lion was my destination, thanks in large part to the birthday gift card that my youngest brother and his wife gave me.
Through careful shopping, I parlayed that $50 into $63, not including more than $14 in savings along the way!
Oh, yeah, I know how to shop the sales!
And I even came home with three half-gallons of my milk, four containers of hummus that was about 70% off, and the last four cans of no-salt-added Rotel on the shelves.
Oh, and cheese, of course!
Plus corn on the cob and popsicles!
Oh, yeah, I've got some good groceries now!
I'll have to be sure to write them a really nice thank-you card!
(smile!)

No comments: