Tuesday, June 7, 2022

fighting like a girl, a la elliott

The second of my medical appointments this month was today.
 
No, nothing to do with my heart!
 
This was for my annual mammogram.
 
Each of the hall doors had a wreath, but I preferred this one, which was on the right.
 
That slogan, "Fight like a girl", reminded me of a fundraiser up in Columbia, SC, years ago, with my favorite blues band performing.
 
I do so hope to again be dancing to the blues of Elliott & The Untouchables!
 
Anyway, back in time to this afternoon!
 
I had a strange experience before the mammogram: the technician put little red circles around my moles!
 
By the time she was done, there were eleven targets all over my breasts and the surrounding skin.
 
She told me it was so the machine wouldn't register those dark pigments as hazards - very different!
 
The whole procedure was done in a little less time than I'd expected, so I bopped over  to CVS to get another 15-amp power strip.
Hey, why not, right?
I was getting it for 40% off, thanks to their bonus for me.
 
I still had plenty of time before the 2 PM screening around the corner on Stephenson.
 
Rather than sit through the 25 minutes of previews, I decided to go to the DMV and check on my car decal.
 
I had mailed the payment back on May 12th, but never got the decal for my tag.
 
I certainly didn't want to get pulled over for something like the wrong color decal!
 
To my surprise, the place was swamped... on a Tuesday... early in the month.
 
Drats.
 
I stayed anyway.
 
I'm glad I did, too.
 
They had never received my check.
 
Still, since I had the top receipt, with the date and check number clearly inscribed, they didn't charge the late fee - whew!
 
That also meant I missed the 2 PM, but was in plenty of time for the 3 PM.
 
Which movie?
 
"Top Gun: Maverick", for the second time.
 
So, tah tah from me and my tatas!
 
(smile!)

No comments: