Tuesday, June 14, 2022

tackled and down for the count!

Just in time, too.
Smitty was over this morning, about 9 AM.
Amazingly, I was up.
Even more incredibly, I had been up since about 5, when I'd awakened to pee and not been able to go back to sleep.
He had a surprise when he opened the back gate and found someone had already started on the grass back there.
He had an even bigger surprise when he found out it was me!
I reassured him that the pitiful amount done had taken me two days, with me not starting until after 7 PM and then only mowing about 40 minutes each day.
Still, I think he would have rather I not done not that.
I'm glad he's looking out for a sister!
(smile!)
He'd brought his big riding mower for the job.
In forty minutes, he'd mowed the back yard and the front yard, as well as edged the front.
Now it looks pretty spiffy!
Good!
Because about forty minutes ago, big dark clouds rolled in noisily, even though the chance of rain was only supposed to be about 30%.
Yeah, the meteorologists got that wrong.
Not only did it rain hard, but it thundered and lightninged, too!
It lasted long enough for me to open the windows and let in that cooled air...
aaaaahhhh, very nice!
I even stood inside the front door and watched for a bit.
I truly enjoy a good summer thunderstorm, especially if I've nowhere to go.
And now, with the cool persisting afterward, I have to ask myself: should I do a bit of pruning of the scrub oaks out back, or should I take the winter bedding - and a pile of towels - to the laundry?
Questions, questions!
I think I'll have a tuna pasta salad while I try to figure it out.
(smile!)

No comments: