Friday, June 24, 2022

day 6 with covid, up close and personal

The good news is: I did NOT give the disease to my brother on Tuesday!
Hallelujah!!!
I called him moments ago and he was very surprised that I called to check on him.
Of course I would!
I had called him on Wednesday as soon as I found out I had COVID.
Apparently, that very first test on Monday was a false negative.
Just like any other experiment, there is no such thing as "one and done".
These home tests are best when they are used on multiple sequential days, like pregnancy tests, to assure reproducible results.
Obtaining a clear "C" line is an assurance only that the procedure was followed correctly.
Having that "C" line does not mean your sample acquisition process was sufficient.
So, now I know.
If your eyes don't water up slightly when you're collecting the sample from each nostril, then the swab was not where it should be and you were not rubbing enough.
Good to know.
That line should be in the instructions.
And for those who are wondering how I know the source of my infection, let me add that I had contacted my sister-in-law and she was COVID-free.
That meant the Thursday-night country concert was not the source, as she and I stayed together the entire time we were at the arena.
I already knew full well that I had not been exposed at any of the three medical appointments I had on Wednesday or Thursday, as all parties remained masked at all times.
That only leaves the ballpark as the source.
I do wish the Savannah Bananas were still checking forehead temperatures upon entry.
That would definitely be a "Fans First" thing to do, right?
Keeping everyone safe and healthy?
But that practice is not on their roster anymore.
Seems like it would be, considering that they oversell every game, forcing some fans to stand throughout until families with young ones start leaving around the seventh inning stretch.
True, they have started putting chairs out on the front apron of Grayson Stadium for those who need to take a break... but that's hardly the right thing to do.
There's no view of the field from the front of the stadium.
Anyway, 'nuff said 'bout that.
Folks on fb have been sending me love!
Very nice, right?
Here, have a gander.
 
* * * * *
Yvonne Pizzo Roach
I hope it’s not severe and you recover quickly.

Susan Carlile
Oh no! Take care, hope you're feeling better soon!

Andy Peña
Get well soon, sweetie

Penny Walker Bos
Rest well sweetie pie! Wish i could cook for ya!

Jeff Powless
Please take it easy Tina! 2024 is just around the corner!

Stroud Williams
Take care. I had the first version in Feb 2021. Was no fun.

Marcia Ford
At least you will have it over with hope you're feeling better soon I love you Marcia

Faustina Smith
The government is now sending out packages of 8 test kits, rather than 4, via USPS.
Free.
https://special.usps.com/testkits

Kate Strickland
That is only if you have not ever ordered before. I have already received my 8 kit maximum and can no longer request tests. Good thing I have plenty for Friendly Neighborhood NP

Venita Johnson
Faustina, thanks. Hope you feel better soon. I think it might be in the air.

Faustina Smith
Kate, I had never even taken a COVID test until this week. The ones I have were from the initial sending of 4 to each home. I've ordered the 8-pack and am awaiting them now.

Jan Parham Williams
Take care of yourself! Prayers for a speedy recovery ❤️‍🩹

Lynn Lee
I got your sweet card today! I’m sorry you are sick now! I pray that it is minor and leaves you quickly ❤️
(She has a broken wrist, so I sent love through the mail. <3 )

Cathy MacGowan
Speedy recovery ❤️‍🩹

Jo Coleman-Williams
My mother in law. Too weak and not feeling good. Got well enough to leave house to get hair done. Then paid the lawn care service 1:1. Only other human contact were 5 family members that checked on her. Turned out Positive for COVID. Two weeks in hospital. Now improving.

Sandra Cherise Karlin
I'm so sorry, Tina. Hope you only have a very mild case and that you get well quick! Love you!

Christian Grunow
Them bananas done got you??

Fae Hill Kameron
So sorry that you are ill. Praying that you have a quick recovery.

Linda L. Walker
I am so sorry you are sick. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Rhonda S. Curby
I hope you are all better soon. Love you.

Lorretta Ruggiero
Hope you get better quickly!

Michelle Davidson
Oh no - be well soon!

Cindy LaCount Pinion
Well that just stinks! I hope your symptoms are as mild as mine was, but that you recover and get a negative result more quickly than I did!

Martin Johnson
That sucks, but glad it's not the first variant..Hope you feel better real soon 🙃

Bayshore Joe
We're around if you need us.

Susan Morgan
Get better quickly!

Stephen S Gerard
You have to be especially careful long term after heart surgery.

Dianna DiBenedetto
I’m sorry to hear you got OMICRON. It breaks through our vaccines. I tested positive at the end of January and now am fighting all sorts of weird symptoms due to LONG COVID. We will be praying for you, Aunt Tina.

Faustina Smith
Dianna, I'll be praying for you, too. What a strange trip this pandemic has been.

Sherry Moore
Hope you are feeling better!

* * * * *

Getting better quickly is certainly my game plan!
Many thanks, y'all, and please know my thoughts are with you all, whether part of my family or my friends, on or off the book of face -
i am so blessed to have so many who love me.

No comments: