Friday, June 17, 2022

cedric, cyrano, and lightyear!

And did I mention Bubba Ho-Tep?
I began my day with that creepazoid, but fortunately Elvis and President Kennedy stopped him from trying to cart me away!
(smile!)
I sure do enjoy that Bruce Campbell movie!
Cedric called a little afterward, to check on me - wasn't that sweet?
You see, I have taken up the habit of commenting on the emails he sends out to let us all know what the best specials are at the grocery stores.
When he didn't hear from me, he rang me up to make sure I was still doing well!
Like I said, very sweet of this old chem professor.
By the way, he turned 91 years old this year.
You know what he did?
He turned the cake around so the age was "19"!!!
I told him he should do that henceforth and he was plum tickled at the idea - aging by the decades, but only one year chronologically!
(smile!)
Then, this afternoon, I went to Generation One for the second time this week.
A couple of days ago, I'd taken a bag of papers to be shredded.
That was long overdue!
I'd told Sharon that I'd return for the matinee on Friday... and I did!
That's the first movie I've seen there in quite a while!
No popcorn or soda, yet, but I'd just had lunch.
So, why was it so important that I see this particular movie?
Well, I'd wanted to see "Cyrano" last year when it was at the Royal in Pooler, but I never made it out there.
This was my missed opportunity, granted a second chance.
Of course I went for it!
And here's something I had not known about it: it's a musical!!!
What had the previews not announced that???
I just might have driven to Pooler, had I but known.
The movie was magnificent, telling the story that Steve Martin had made sing in "Roxanne", though this retelling starred Peter Dinklage in that role.
Did you know he could sing?
Well, he can, and does so with much emotion - very impressive.
And the ending... certainly not what I had expected, certainly fitting well the story of love unrequited and love lost and love misguided.
Wow.
I'm glad I'd lined up something as a double feature, to lighten the mood.
What better than "Lightyear"?
Honestly?
I had been on the fence about this one, suspecting it to be a lead-in for toy sales.
Well, it was.
Here's the thing, though: this is the movie that little Andy "saw", back in 1995, that prompted him to want the galactic explorer as part of his toy chest.
Very nice, right?
That set the right tone right away.
I think I'll be seeing again after all!
(smile!)
Now, pardon me.
"Buffy The Vampire Slayer" is the 'new' series on Comet tv, so gotta go!

No comments: