Friday, September 22, 2023

the return of my lil fishface!!!

She's back where she belongs, home with me, in her very own driveway, after a week gone away.
Just look at that happy grin on her face!
That's very much the same happy grin I wore when I walked into Firestone to pay her tab and fetch her.
Michael even mentioned to all there that he could tell I was thrilled by the smile all over my face!
(smile!)
And doesn't my Saturn look pleased as punch after her luxurious spa vacation?
A bit of firming up there, some toning over here, and a wash of new fluids all around!
I'd say some of that was called for anyway, as she has reached the mileage of 230,800.
That's what she read upon returning home.
Right place, right time.
Well, I say that.
I hadn't actually looked at the odometer then.
However, after I left the Smiths & Kamerons Friday Fiesta, I caught the reading: 230,803.
I know from 14 years of working for my brother Smitty that the distance from my house to his business in Sandfly was almost exactly three miles.
Maybe that familiarity with the area, and its association in my mind with spending time with him, is yet another reason I look forward to these Friday gatherings.
(smile!
 
So, here's the list of work my fishface had done.
Those which were a result of the behemoth pick-up truck that ran me off the road will be in bold italics; the other work was past due on being needed.
 
Repaired rim of driver's side front tire
New tire on driver's side front
New front struts
New tie rod ends on front
Wheel alignment
New radiator
Coolant flush
Two new tires
New wheel cylinders on rear
New brake fluid
Oil change and new oil filter
 
Altogether, her vacation cost $3205.39 - and that's only because her rims are steel rather than aluminum, allowing the damaged one to be repaired rather than replaced.
Also, I was granted the wheel alignment for free, as well as discounts on the brake work, the full synthetic oil change, and the tires.
Thank you, Michael, for the generous discounts and patient understanding.
Thank you, Tramaine, for the fabulous work on my girl.
And thank You, God, for granting me the joy of continuing to drive my little fishface.
(smile!)

No comments: