Wednesday, September 20, 2023

voices of the past: students

Dear Professor Smith,
I found this on the internet and thought it was hilarious, and I figured a chemistry professor (MY chemistry teacher) would like it, too. 
Cheers,
Rachael Abraham (2011)

Ms. Smith,
I enjoyed your class... both of them.
Brad Twesne (2000)
 
Dr. Faustina Smith manages to instruct class in a fun and interesting way while still maintaining a safe, educational environment for students. She is a very helpful professor that makes the learning experience enjoyable and the material easy to understand.
Olivia Dean (2008)

Professor Smith,
You are a great teacher and I like the way you taught this semester. I wouldn't change anything about this course. When I needed help you were always open and free to talk to. I really enjoy coming to your class and I'm excited about taking you again next semester!
Jessie W (2010)

Wonderful experience in class. 
Fun teacher allowed open opinions and great examples. 
Was available for further questions and help.
Hillary Simmons (2008)

It was a little fast for me, but when I figured it out it made a lot of sense.
Kim B (2010)
 
Excellent teacher with an encouraging and entertaining personality. Great professor who really helps students to understand what I perceive to be a difficult subject. Perfect setup with lecture and lab info.
Christi J (2010)
 
Very understanding and helpful!
One of the most sincere and caring prof I have EVER been blessed enough to have enabling my college education!
Kayla Shattles (2008)
 
Dr. Smith is an excellent professor.
I have enjoyed her class and I have learned the material much better this time.
Chloe G (2000)
 
Mrs. Smith is a fun teacher. I do not know if it is because of the lab experiments or her, that I enjoy the class (it's her!). She has a bubbly personality. The class was understandable for me and fun to take.
Tomica Vance (2010)
 
Greetings Doctor Smith!
I hope this email finds you well and in high spirits. I just wanted to apologize for my frequent absences from our 6-7:15 pm lectures on Mondays and Wednesdays and to clarify as to why I've been so flaky. I work full time as an assistant manager at a retail store in order to pay for school and apartment. I am not intentionally missing classes, however I do hope that you will be understanding of which. I will be unable to attend lab tonight but am more than willing to come to your 11:30 lab Thursday morning.
I actually am quite fond of your class and lab specifically. It's so interesting how the information crosses between the two. You do a fine job finding real life examples for both the experiments and the correlation of material covered in class. I look forward to the rest of the semester and will see you soon... Monday, haha!
Forever a Chemist,
Megan Taylor (2012)
 
Made the labs fun and made sure we got them done! I only had her for lab but it was excellent!
Brandon Camp (2008)
 
Hi Mrs. Smith,
I just wanted to stop by and say that I am sooooooo happy about my last test score. I thought it was higher, but I was so thankful that it was an 82. I just want to say thank you for all your support and pushing me to do better. I might not come out of your class with a "B" but I learned something about MYSELF that will help me in other classes. Thanks again!!!
Thank you,
Gerkerea Hodges (2011)
 
Very good teaching practices, made it easy to learn and pass this class.
David Capasso (2008)
 
THANKS! btw you made my transition from high school to college a little better... I thought all the teachers do is just talk and then leave but you remembered my name which makes me feel like I'm not just a number and you joked around with us in labs and even in class sometimes. So, thank you! <-)
Taiyana Stephens (2010)
 
Great class, learned a lot.
Not Professor's fault, but lab supplies were not always plentiful, resulting in taking a long time to complete lab.
I've taken 2 chemistries in high school.
This is the first time I have understood it enough to make higher than a C, thanks to Professor Smith.
Marshall Green (2008)
[Note: Eventually returned to Armstrong as a psychology professor!]
 
Dr. Smith,
I wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your class and how you teach. I was terrified that I would not be able to keep up with the class, but your style of teaching has provided me with the confidence I did not have in myself.  I wish all my professors were like you. 
Thank you so much for truly caring about the students.
You don't realize this but you have made an enormous impact on my life.
Again, thank you for caring.
Louis D'Angelo (2011)
[Note: He was retired military and had just begun college.]
 
I really enjoyed Mrs. Smith this semester. I started the class out thinking "it's chemistry, this will be boring" but you fooled me completely. You keep the class together on the material and always went out of your way to make sure we understood the information given. And encouraged us to form study groups with fellow classmates and I believe that was the extra boost I need to become successful in passing your class. Thanks, Professor Smith. Keep up the good work. :-)
Professor Smith I really enjoyed having lab with you because you kept the lab interesting and yet fun. Those weekly quizzes we take really help also as a tool to make sure we understand the information and material for the weekly lab and that we are not just doing the lab and leaving. I really can say that I have learned plenty rom you this semester and thanks for the extra time you gave me to ask class questions after lab.
Sara Floyd (2010)

No comments: