Wednesday, September 27, 2023

games and puzzles, puzzles and games!


Today was a day with nothing going on.
Not that I'm complaining, but... I would have liked to have a movie outing, or a meetup to attend, or a luncheon somewhere, but...
nope.
So I made sure that won't happen tomorrow!
I looked around and found, wonder of wonders, an event at the Jepson!
It's a talk about one of the exhibits there, one I've yet to see, so I plan to go a bit early and visit some of my favorites, as well as the new Robert Barthe.
Hooray!
 
Okay, what to do now?
While clearing off the sun room table, I found a crossword puzzle.
Better yet, it was written by Matt Jones!!!
Oddly, it was not called a Jonesin' Crossword, but it definitely was.
The clues for the four puzzle answers that went all the way across just had an arrow pointing back toward the number in the "Across" column.
I finally "got it" after I solved the second answer: "Jack Bauer Drama".
That had to be "24", right?
Then I solved another line across: "Bill With U S Grant".
Okay, I thought, his face is on... a $50 bill!
So, these answers are all for things that stand for a number!
Ding, ding, ding!!!
So, the title of ""Adele Debut Album" is evidently "19" and the "Old Vinyl Single" is a "45".
Very cool!
Too bad I didn't realize until just now that the arrows were pointing back at the Across number for a reason.
Hahahaha!
(smile!)

"Celebrity Jeopardy" came on, so I glanced at the list of contestants and decided to stay.
Utkarsh Ambudkar was on the panel!
He's a pretty smart cookie, too, as he ended up winning.
However, his chemistry knowledge - and that of the others - could use a boost.
In that first round was the category "Hey, that's not an element", so I watched!
Germanium, Italium, Francium - he knew that one, then backed off and went to "sports".
Gold, Silver, Bronze - nope, he picked "Silver", not realizing Bronze is a mixture.
Californium, Floridium, Tennessine - none of them chose "Floridium" in time.
But when it came to choosing between Snookium, Einsteinium, and Curium, he knew that the one linked to a "Jersey Shore" character was a fake!
Good for him!
(smile!)

Now, "$!00,000 Pyramid" is on and it has Tiffany Haddish, wearing this super-blonde, super-curly wig straight from an Art Deco magazine spread!
Later!

No comments: