Saturday, September 2, 2023

just 2 years ago, the little blondes

On the ride back to Georgia from Florida, I was talking with Miyah and Chloe about a previous trip to the Jacksonville Zoo.

You see, those carousel photos are still on my phone.

So, I pulled one up and showed it to the two girls in the back seat.

"This is your cousin, Alyssa, when she was your age, Miyah."

She said, "That's when she was 6?"

"That's right. It was in 2021, two years ago."

That was a surprise to her.

Then I pulled up another one from that trip in May of 2021.

I turned the phone toward these blondes.

"And here is your cousin Leila. She was your age, too, Miyah."

Again, Miyah was quite surprised at this photo.

Seeing her older cousins at her age now was a new concept for her.

So, I decided to show her one more photo.

"Miyah, this is you when you were Chloe's age."

"That's when I was 4 years old?" she asked, amazed.

"That's right. This was taken in 2021."

Such a different perspective for her to take in!

And, just for an update, here's one more.

This is Miyah, at age 6, taken on this trip.

She can still wear the dress she had on 2 years ago, which means she is still the littlest girl.

(smile!)

I snapped this on my one ride on the carousel.

On the other trip, I was able to go on the rides with the girls, but that was all pre-atrial fibrillation.

The Sotalol has a warning about dizziness; apparently, that's true for me.

Still, I can have fun with my camera on the sidelines!

And guess what?

Alyssa likes to take photos, too!

She's pretty good, snapping shots on her phone, and even some videos.

Maybe she could use a book about taking photographs?

Perhaps!

She does have a birthday next month!

I'm just thrilled that she took some and showed them to me!!!

(smile!)

No comments: