Sunday, September 17, 2023

day 3 of i miss my car: italy, india, and hawaii

Barbara texted last evening.
She was wanting to see a movie and thought I might be restless.
She already knew my car was in the shop.
I had texted her all about it earlier yesterday when I let her know I would not be able to make our planned movie outing on Sunday (today) for the new Agatha Christie movie.
So she knew she would have to come from southside to midtown to fetch me, go back to southside to the AMC cinema, then take me home to midtown before returning southside to her part of town...
but she made the invitation anyway.
Of course I would!
I had just started "Ghostbusters" - the REAL one, from forty years ago - on Peacock, but it was an easy choice to put that on hold.
And off we went to India again with our favorite Bollywood man!
We even danced "with" him to three of the numbers: 1) Azad - 30yo prison warden - with the female prisoners; 2) Azad with Narmada, the police negotiator and his fiancee; and 3) the big finale, with Azad and 58yo Vikram and the whole cast!
I even danced a bit for the number between the 28yo Vikram and his wife, Aishwarya.
Such a nice trip to India!
(smile!)

Today, she was here by 2 PM for our virtual trip to Italy.
Specifically, we traveled to Venice, a town I've only 'visited' via the The Venetian.
That was from the 2010 trip to Las Vegas, for the part of the week when my BFF Sam had come out to share time after Paul and Cathy returned home.
She and I rode in a gondola as the gondolier sang to us, under the perfect (painted) sky above and the past the colorful (painted) landscape -molto bello!
Today, however, mi amiga and I only got to watch a gondola on the silver screen.
That was fine, though!
The screen was the Big-D one, so it was much larger than life!
(smile!)
"A Haunting In Venice" had been marketed as if it were a horror movie.
Nope!
Another case of a preview maker not having a clue... 
which is especially funny as this was a murder mystery film!
Yes, pun intended!
(smile!)
Very nice movie, though I would have liked to have seen more of the town.
Good to have two spaces filled on my A*List dance card!
And good to treat mi amiga to dinner afterward!
I had promised a meal at Jason's Deli, knowing she likes their food.
She'd actually looked up the menu online, selecting the Hawaiian Salmon Bowl.
It looked pretty yummy on the poster, so I ordered that, too!
Off to the 50th state we sailed, as the sun lowered and the rain stopped.
Very nice, all the way around!
 
And now, I am home again.
Comcast has granted me a third $1 WMN Reward, surprisingly, so I've chosen another 1980's-era Michael Keaton movie from my past: "Night Shift".
It has "The Fonz" in it, too, as well as the "Cheers" waitress "Diane".
The title song, from Quarterflash, is playing on the mental jukebox already!
Nice!
(smile!)

No comments: