Sunday, June 4, 2023

lions with boomers in motion, oh, my!

For this visit to the Emerald City, on the final day of the musical's run, I would be treated to the antics of the Green Cast, with a different Dorothy and different Oz in conjunction with all the different citizens of Munchkin City - oh, joy!
But would I be able to get in???
The show was sold out!!!
 
Well, of course I got in!
I absolutely, positively, undeniably and reliably, wouldn't be writing this had I not gained entry!
So did Sherry Moore, and Travis Cole, and several others, with the play being delayed more than 15 minutes while extra chairs were brought in.

Hooray!!!
And how did I like this alternate version?
Hey, it was still very much "The Wizard Of Oz", and I loved every minute of it!

I not only mouthed the words to every song, I even found myself running lines as the story unfolded!

That made a real difference to these actors, as I was told after the show.

The Door Guard, Al Williams, was looking for me after the show, and, as soon as a he spotted me, justthatfast he grabbed Glenda the Good Witch and spun her to face me for a prime time photo op!
 
Nice to be appreciated, Al!!!
 
But he wasn't the only one looking for me after the show, hoping I'd waited for the meet and greet..
and that was Joel Altherr!
He was the man with the perfect accent, the perfect timing, even the perfect nervous chortles and roars as the Cowardly Lion!

He stood right there and talked with me for at least fifteen minutes, saying the nicest things...
compliments like how I kept his energy up (this was the 15th show)...
niceties like how my smiling face on the front row cheered him...
praises like how he could look at me and know that he was at the right place, at the right time...
wow.
Then a little girl came up for a photo...
followed by two little boys...
and I took my leave from his side.
I do hope to see him again some lovely day!
(smile!)

Jackie had patiently waited while I had my starstruck moment with Joel.
(smile!)
On my say-so, she had posted this matinee as a meetup for her Boomers In Motion group... 
and had five others there with her!
They all had purchased tickets online, so they all sat together about two rows back from me.
Yes, the SavChTh knows I love the front row, and the performers love having me there, so Vivian had saved a seat for me there - thanks so much!!!
(smile!)

After the musical, all scattered back to their regularly scheduled Sunday evenings.
Well, all save Jackie and me!
We popped down the street to Chipotle's for a quick and easy dinner, sitting outside on the patio to enjoy the cooling breeze and to catch up on each other's lives and to extend the celebration of my birthday.
Very nice for bday65!
Plus, she and I already have another musical lined up next month to enjoy!
Hooray!
(smile!)

No comments: