Monday, March 25, 2024

already done, just gotta watch them now!

I've had a bit of a problem lately with throwing myself out of the house to go places.
I'm not quite sure what that's all about, but I'm taking steps to offset that bad habit.
It seems that if I'm only going to one place, I won't go.
However, if I have at least two errands or places on my list, I go.
Aha!
A pattern!
Okay, I can work with that!
 

I went ahead and got my AMC A*List in order, with trips after, or before, the movies to make sure I actually go, instead of just putting a Post-It on Elvis' shoulders.
You'll notice the three movies don't have the big blue check marks on them, right?
That means they're reservations, holding their place on my dance card, awaiting their turn with my attention and company.
Speaking of music, I wonder if "Love Lies Bleeding" has anything to do with Elton John's song of the same name?
That would be pretty cool!
All I know about "Luca" is that it came out in 2021 and went straight to Disney+ streaming service, so it'll be new to me.
Then there will be "Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire", getting its screening before it officially opens on Friday.
I'm expecting that to be a whole lot of whizbang!
And what do I plan to do along with these movies?
Well, let me point out that the two first movies will be seen on Tina Tuesday tomorrow.
After I finish all that sitting at the double feature, I'll be stopping in at the Purple Planet for a stroll on the treadmill while I watch "Family Feud" on their muted TV.
The creature feature will follow my first volunteer gig at SMF, so I know for a fact I'll already be out and about that day!
What will I do on Wednesday?
Perhaps take care of paperwork here.
But I'll think 'bout that later.
Right now, I'm going off to the Purple Planet to get some steps in...
and finish off my $10 reward with UHC for this month.
Oh, yeah!

1 comment:

faustina said...

Movie trio has been viewed, and in the order reserved, too.
"Loves Lies Bleeding" had naught to do with Sir Elton John's song; it wasn't even used in the soundtrack. Basically, it was another "dangerous lesbians" flick, a la "Drive-Away Dolls", but with a definitely darker, graphic novelesque, feel. Why on Earth Ed Harris was there as a hippie turned crime lord is a mystery to me, but maybe it just tickled his funny bone.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Lies_Bleeding_(2024_film)

"Luca" was delightful, a fantasy of a merman-like sea monster boychild who led a fairly uneventful life until he met another boy who turned out to be just like him, but already aware of his ability to become human when dry and on land. Pretty cool trick! Even better was that this was set in Italy!!! I'm so glad I finally got to see it!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luca_(2021_film)

And did I say that "Godzilla X Kong: The New Empire" was a creature feature? I did. And was it? Yes, yes, it was, to the point of even referring to humans as animals, too. Good for them! One note to self: these movies need to be viewed somewhere other than the Big-D screening room, as they are incredibly LOUD.
And, as humans were only marginally present, the movie was LOUD almost the entire time.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla_x_Kong:_The_New_Empire