Thursday, December 28, 2023

meals and mileage - i could get used to this!

I think it all began with Jason's Deli.
Thanks to their "12 Days of Deli" promotion, I had six meals from them over a five-day span, starting with a purchase after my girls' day with Christina.
On that day, a kid's meal was free if bought with an adult entree... so, that's what I ordered.
I already knew the kid's portion of Chicken Penne Alfredo was a plentiful serving, and ate it that night.
The Southwest Bowl was lunch Friday, heated in the frying pan and all scrambled together, with lime vinaigrette drizzled on.
Quite tasty it was!
By the time Saturday rolled around, I was back at Jason's Deli.
That deal, as I mentioned before, netted me four meals at home, culminating with the kid-sized pepperoni pizza for breakfast on Christmas Day.
Trust me, I ate the whole thing, though just half is seen here.
Plus, I had coffee in my Moscow Nutcracker mug, with dessert being one of Amy's frosted sugar cookies!
I don't usually get dessert with breakfast, as that isn't a groove thing for me, but it's good to break out of the rut for special days.
Yep, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
So, between all of that, plus a dinner and breakfast with Jeff and Amy and friends, and Christmas dinner with my brothers, I'd hardly had to prepare any meals for almost a week.
Magnificent!
 
That brought me from Thursday to Tuesday, with me half-planning to use a gift certificate at Applebee's... but, no.
I'd met Barbara for "Ferrari" and it got out early enough to dine.
She only wanted a salad - or so she said, lol!
We went to Sweet Potatoes for the first time this year, where we each got salads... with our entrees!
I had the Vegetable Plate, with the house salad as my fourth.
The other three selections were the eponymous sweet potato, the lemon collard greens, and their delectable Brussels sprouts - with a biscuit to round out the plate.
You better believe I ate every bite!
Wednesday dawned and I met up with Dawn.
(Aren't puns delightful?)
No need to say where, right?
We practically own rights to The King & I by now!
I wanted to keep our luncheon a bit lighter, knowing that I wanted the gyoza - I mean, steamed dumplings, as the waitress didn't recognize the Japanese name - but what soup?
I took a chance on Kand Jeud, with roasted pork, tofu, and cilantro, and completely loved it!
Sometimes, you just have to try something different!
Now, I'm back to another Tina Thursday.
After two days of dining on spiral-sliced ham -
courtesy of Tony on Christmas Day -
who got it courtesy of Smitty on Christmas Day -
who'd received it on Christmas Eve from daughter Christy -
I was ready for something new in the fridge.
Texas Roadhouse was calling me to use the free appetizer coupon before month's end, so that's exactly what I did!
I even tried something different there, too!
Instead of the rib basket, I had the Tater Skins.
Totally the right decision!
In the photo, I'm holding one of them -
to try it out, make sure it tasted as good as it looked -
and those are going to be perfect for future breakfasts!!!
My entree, as usual, was the Country Vegetable Plate, with this beautiful house salad as the star.
That cup of Chili, in the above photo, is another of the four sides I chose for that entree.
It will most likely go on top of the Steak Fries.
The Sweet Potato was the fourth; that barely made it home before I polished it off.
And guess what I noticed when I got back to my fishface?
A super-deluxe odometer reading!!!
My mileage had reached a magic number as I pulled in there:
232500.
Wow.
Right place, right time.
No coincidence that I was there -
no coincidence that I was seated in less than 5 minutes -
no coincidence that I had country music videos to entertain me -
no coincidence that my waitress, Blair, was a kindred spirit.
i thank You, God.

No comments: