Tuesday, May 16, 2017

everybody wants to rule the world?


Actually, I think only megalomaniacs want to rule the world.
Most folks are content to only reign over their little portion of the "world"...
like Angel Grove...
or Camelot...
because that is the only place they know and want to be.
Think about it.
What does "world" mean to you???
The place where your family and friends live, right?
Does that include the state?
The country?
The continent?
All of Earth?
The Milky Way galaxy?
The space beyond and all within it?
What if we consider "world" as being TIME rather than place?
When we look back at the origin of the word, back in the mid-fifth century, the way the word is used has more meaning.
Consider that "world" originated from wer (“man”) +‎ eld (“age”).
See what I mean?
If only TIME is "the world", than someone only wishes to rule as long as they are alive.
After their death, it no longer matters to them because their "world" has ended.
Are we not, each and every one of us, the center of the "world"?
So, would not that "world" end when we last draw breath?
The best we can do, truly, is to not end someone else's "world" by taking their life, too.
And that brings us right back to the megalomaniacs, doesn't it?
They seem determined to run roughshod - at the very least - over those who would try to prevent them from having too much control over too much land, too much wealth, too much of whatever others need.
i thank God for heroes, whatever form they may have.
They don't necessarily need to wield swords or use magic...
but I do prefer that they dANcE!!!


Not surprisingly, the five teens of Angel Grove do all three for me! "Saban's Power Rangers" to my rescue! What a thrill to see these young people find each other as friends, as family, as saviors of their "world"!
I wish I could say that I had always been a fan of these action heroes... but I don't know that I ever saw a full episode of the television series. Nor have I ever read any comic books or graphic novels depicting the exploits of the fivesome in their rainbow-hued suits.
So why did I want to see this movie? You see, I've been trying to work it into my schedule for more than a month.
Seriously.
And I had been unsuccessful in my bid to make it a "Tina Tuesday" event. In fact, I had been scoffed at for even suggesting it.
Seriously.
That merely delayed my viewing, not diminishing my desire.
It's good to see young people working together for a greater goal.
It's even better when they are troubled teens who have to overcome their own fears and misgivings to create something beneficial to others in the community.
As a teacher of young people, this kind of movie bolsters my faith that the world - and this planet - will continue for generations to come.
(smile)

Almost time for me to join the running bear for dinner and a movie!
Guess what film will that will be???
"King Arthur: Legend of the Sword"!!!
What a day this has been for Faustina's Film Festival!
Now, here is the question: will there be dancing???
I hope so!
I already know there is magic and swordplay...
how wonderful it would be to have dancing, too, for this second film of the day!
(smile)

No comments: