Tuesday, May 30, 2017

free lunch! pirates! free pirates!


What a lovely day I've had!
I've had two meals with family and friends and two movies with pirates!
Not to say that I've had pirates sitting with me, of course.
I don't think any other Armstrong alumni or faculty or students were with me at the Tybee Post Theater, though they were there for the second movie about pirates...
(smile)

To start my day, I had brunch with my first niece and my outlaw Melinda - woohoo!
Even better, my meal was free!
Yes, indeed, Golden Corral treated me to bacon and ham and collard greens and marshmallow treats...
plus, I had outstanding company during the meal...
and I have offered Mama's sewing machine to Melinda.
The instrument has sat idle for at least seventeen years now; time for it to go to a good home.
I do hope Melinda will adopt it soon!

Afterward, I was off to the Tybee Post Theater and they were off for a mother-daughter hair appointment.
That sounds fun, doesn't it?
I had fun, too, at this installment of Faustina's Film Festival!

"Moana" was the afternoon delight and it truly was!
When I had seen it in December,
I had been a little nonplussed by it,
except for the crab.
Beats me why!
I'm so glad I chose to see it today at this beachside theater!
The coconut-like pirates were a hoot!
The stories behind Maui's tattoos were legendary!
And the crab...well, I just LOVE that guy!!!
He's so...SHINY!!!
(smile)

Then it was time to bounce southside to El Potro with Kevin and his pastry chef - after all, it has been Tina Tuesday all day, has it not?
You bet your sweet bippy!
After lots of chips and salsa and enchiladas verdes, we were off to join Jackie at the Carmike. (Minor cinema mix-up, as Kevin had thought we were off to the Regal, but I had misunderstood and told her the other one. Oops!)
The good news? Kevin took it in stride and didn't even fuss... much...
(smile)
and he still bought my ticket for the 3D movie!!!
(smile!)

Which movie, you say?
Why, "Pirates of the Caribbean:
Dead Men Tell No Tales
", of course!
Time for me to get some Johnny Depp into my life...
and some Javier Bardem, too...
with plenty of swordbuckling...
and those swirling, long coats...
making some sweet dreams for my night...
wink wink, nudge nudge!
After all...
it's still my birthday month!

i thank You, God!

No comments: