Tuesday, May 2, 2017

yes, i am loved



It isn't only because Asbury Memorial UMC sent someone with a lovely vase of flowers yesterday.
That certainly helped.
Perhaps, though, not in the way you might imagine.
The act of kindness certainly made me feel loved at that moment...
but, more than that, it reminded me that I am always loved.
That little dragon, Elliot, sniffing the blooms was given to me by my nephew Michael at a recent picnic.
The lone rosebud protruding from the "permanent" flowers in the vase I made at a WSN craft night was garnered in the company of my first niece at our Valentine's Day viewing of "Deadpool".
Then there's that one-and-only painting I've ever created, done side-by-side with my bfe at one of Kaisa's meetups.
And who could overlook that book of ampersands that the El Dorado squirrel mistress made especially for me?
Not I!
What about that can of Coca-Cola wearing the "Superfan" sash?
That was given to me by JinHi one night, over at Muse, one of my three "third place" locales, where I was always sure I would know at least one person with a quick smile and a ready hug for me.

My gratitude for the reminder...

No comments: