Sunday, May 7, 2017

my love is alive



At church today, I had communion, for the second time in a week.
The earlier partaking was at Jean Marie's funeral last Saturday.
I had gone to church today - for the first time in months - in hopes of an uplifting sermon from Billy.
That didn't happen.
His twin sons graduated from college yesterday, so the Hesters spent the time with them.
Sigh.


I felt that I had been lured there under false advertising.
The title had been "The Power of Music and Connection".
I thought that might be pertinent for me, as I use music as personal therapy, with a little help from angels and others.
Instead, the sermon was about reaching out to those with Alzheimer's disease.
Sigh.
During the BIG Coffee Hour (luncheon), I sat alone in the courtyard on Janice Gantt's bench, looking at the orange ribbons and not daring to go see if there was one for my niece.
So, of course, I had to go to Greenwich afterward to visit her grave.

I finally found her marker.
The heart-shaped tree above helped me.
You see, I had noted that tree's loving message during the funeral.
I had to wander the area a few minutes, but then I looked up and saw it.
Jean Marie's grave does not yet have its stone, but I did leave an apple from Armstrong and a lily from a nearby bouquet.

Then I had a nice long visit with Mama.
See that little white bottle?
That's for blowing bubbles.
I sat on the family marker for quite a while, enjoying the beauty of the day and the mild breeze and watching the bubbles glide and float and shimmer.
(smile)




On the way out, I made a detour to visit this angel.
She brings me peace, as I know she is keeping watch and bringing solace to all...
bringing solace to me.
If only she could give hugs...

No comments: