Sunday, May 28, 2017

of car repairs and electronic gadgets


Dear Tony,
I'm so sorry to hear your tablet has been malfunctioning! I do hope they will resolve the problem in the coming weeks. Just try to remember that you are probably NOT the only one having those problems. At least you still have the ability to check your email messages and to communicate with others.
My computer had been dying for the last year. Something is wrong with the power supply, maybe, but it was overheating and turning itself off. To try to prolong its life, I would set it on top of a foam tray with two or three ice packs to try to keep it cool. That would work for a couple of hours before I would have to swap out the ice packs for fresh ones.
What a hassle... but then, about eight weeks ago, my computer totally died. I could not get it to even boot up.
I was going out to Armstrong to use the computer in my office all the time. That was definitely a hassle and certainly ran up my gas bill.
Then, on Monday, I had to get the valve cover gasket replaced in my car. It's been leaking for at least eight years, but it was a very slow leak. Lately, though, I've had to put in a half-quart every few days. When I had the oil changed on the 20th, the guy came in to tell me the oil was coming out of the leaky area as he was pouring oil in!
Sigh.
So, that was $210 for the new gasket. But it works! My engine looks so much cleaner, too!
Anyway, I was near a Staples store, so I wandered in to price computers. Guess what? They had two really good ones on sale! Plus, they are giving me twelve months to pay it off.
What a relief to not have to pay it all at once!
I have only received one birthday card - the one from you - and I will open it in the morning. Can you believe I'm going to be 59 years old???
Me, neither.
Most of the time, I don't feel that old, so that's good. i thank God for that!
Okey-dokey! That's enough for now!
with much love,
Tina

No comments: