Thursday, December 20, 2018

nothing, kevin

I am so aggravated with the psychologist right now.
Tonight was supposed to be extra special for me.
Tonight, he had bought us tickets to the early screening of "Aquaman".
Tonight's special movie was to be his Christmas gift to me.
Well, he certainly got that wrong.
Sure, he bought the ticket for the 5:25 pm 3D screening...
but then he proceeded to chatter during the movie...
during the movie...
as if he had forgotten how to act in a cinema.
During the movie, he got up at least three times -
at least three times -
to get more soda and go to the bathroom...
supposedly.
After the movie, he immediately whipped out his phone to text his latest catch, ignoring me and the conversation I thought I was having with him.
When he finally did rouse himself from his tiny screen, he had no idea what I had said.
"Nothing," I'd replied.
Then, I had tried again to converse with him.
Again, he had no idea what I had just said.
Again, "Nothing," had been my reply to him.
Then I had let the topic drop.
So aggravating.

I am going to have to see this movie again, with my full attention, without him.
And the next time he and I venture to the cinema, if we do, there needs to be some rules.
No chatter, no phones, period.
Period.
Honestly, he had such a problem with that nonsense when we saw the horror movie...
to the point of almost walking out on the movie...
and yet, he does that very thing ever since.

He still owes me a movie.
This one tonight did not count.
No, it most certainly did not.
This was nothing, Kevin.

No comments: