Tuesday, December 18, 2018

not a major award, regal cinemas


I am so very disappointed.
Remember that sweepstakes I won from Regal Cinemas?
Well, I had expected to receive it in about four weeks.
Actually, I should have had it within two weeks, according to the Marketing Coordinator, Gina Van Dyke, the representative who had contacted me about my win.
Oops!
So, Monday, December 3rd, I contacted her, to let her know it had never reached me.
When she responded to my email, she informed me that it "was shipped to one of the vendors [we] use accidently [sic]", but it had been located and would be on its way to me forthwith.
Yesterday, I finally received what should have been my prize package.
As shown in the photo above, the package had obviously been opened and damaged.
Someone else had already handled and played with my new toys.
Oops!
I contacted the representative at once to let her know...
to offer to keep it if it's value was adjusted for it now being 'used' goods...
and her response was, "tough luck, kid."
Seriously.
She may not have used those words, but that was certainly her meaning.
Here's her response.

"We certainly understand your disappointment at receiving a sweepstakes prize award with packaging that has been damaged. Unfortunately, it is not Regal’s policy or practice to make the adjustment you requested in your December 17, 2018 email. Regal’s policies are reflected in the official rules for this promotion, which state (in part):
None of the Promotion Parties is responsible or liable for lost, late, damaged, destroyed, delayed, stolen, misdirected, incomplete, or illegible entries;…. Prizes are awarded “as is, where is,” without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation any warranty of merchantability or suitability for a particular purpose. (Section 7)
"

Wow.
How very disappointing.
The above is the box for the Levitating Moon. Evidently, the person who had mistakenly received my prize package had opened the box without sliding down the decorative sleeve, thereby damaging the sleeve... and leaving irrefutable proof that the person had opened the box and handled its contents.
What a shame.
I have no doubt that the Levitating Moon would have been quite a remarkable night light for me, sure to induce sweet dreams.

The Bullet Space Pen, with the "First Man" inscription, would have been quite a nice conversation piece.
I also very much liked its heft and balance, as well as its sleek appearance.
The very interesting watch, with its many dials and leather strap, would have been quite a nice conversation piece, too.
I probably would have given it to my nephew, Michael,
as it would appeal to his steam-punk mode.





The Custom Iron-On Patch... well, who knows what it may have been like?
It had not been listed on the outer label, with the other three items, when the package was mistakenly mailed to the vendor site.
Perhaps the patch was still included when it was sent to that incorrect address, and someone there had opted to keep it as a memento, but my guess is no one there ever saw it.
I can say for sure that I never saw the patch, so I cannot say what it would have been.
How very disappointing this experience has been.
I will definitely be returning the items to Ms. Van Dyke and Regal Cinemas.
Major award?
Not hardly... and certainly not worth nine hundred dollars.

No comments: