Wednesday, December 19, 2018

have tutu, will dance


Carolyn told me that should be the title of my biography!
She isn't aware that my life story is already titled "Dancing A Propos Of Nothing".
My BFF's darling dancing daughter gave me that one years ago.
(smile!)
Her remark is based on my volunteering for all six ballets at the Lucas.
That officially made me a wrangler adept at cracking nuts!
(smile!)
That Sugar Plum Fairy tutu was from the very first one of the month.
The first day of December saw me downtown and in the balcony for the matinee and evening performances by The Savannah Dance Theatre, just as I had last year.
Theirs was "The Nutcracker in Savannah", with a meet-and-greet afterward.
That's when I captured my close-up photograph.
It remains to be seen whether her song will be an earworm this coming year, too.
(smile!)


The second pair of matinee and evening performances was just one week later, the following Saturday, December 8th.
"The Nutcracker: Sweet Dreams" was from the Madeleine Walker Coastal Ballet Theatre.
The stage was kept full of tiny dancers, twirling and swaying, just as it was last year!
(smile!)

Today saw me up in the balcony twice more, for the last time this month, for the most elaborate version of this seasonal favorite.
The Moscow Ballet was back in town and both shows were sold out, as usual.
Their "Great Russian Nutcracker" is the only professional troupe, but they also feature local talent for the younger roles. The tiny dancers from the Savannah Dance Theatre were able to don tutus once more!
(smile!)

Now, all of the nutcrackers have ceased their sword fights against mouse kings...
all of the international dancers have returned to inanimate doll status...
and the dreaming little girl is sleeping soundly in her bed...
as I, too, soon shall be.
In the morning, I'll have coffee in this new mug, purchased this very night.
(smile!)

No comments: