Friday, December 7, 2018

a charlie brown ornament!

And I made it all by myself, too!
(smile!)
Yes, I was at my fourth annual outing
to the Savannah Children's Theatre
for "A Charlie Brown Christmas"
.
Such an uplifting way to get into the holiday
frame of mind!
(Get it? "Frame", right? A little joke!)
Of course I was there on time for the hot cocoa
and for making crafts!
Last year, I made a little tree, just like the one
Charlie Brown chose for their play.
Well, perhaps mine was a little sturdier.
(smile)
I even remembered to come thirty minutes early,
for the Christmas carols by the cast!
I wasn't alone, either!
Yvonne had met me for a 3-hour holiday lunch on
Monday and she'd brought a newcomer, Brooke.
(That's Yvonne, who I went to Armstrong with,
in the middle, beside me.)
Yvonne had known I would get the new gal started
with activities - and I did tonight!
She even had hot cocoa and made a snowflake!
This was the first time there for Brooke and she's
planning to come again with her teen daughter.
Glad to be of help, ma'am!
Glad for your company there tonight, too, so I wasn't the only kidless 'grown-up' singing along in the audience.
(smile!)

No comments: