Sunday, December 16, 2018

takin' the one!

"In the meadow,
we can build a snowman"
-

(that meadow is in the
Princess Place Preserve!)

"And pretend that
he is Parson Brown"
-

(with his church located
in Dogtown USA!)

"He'll say 'are you married',
we'll say 'No, man',"
-

(Just hanging out on Ponce De Leon Bridge,
formerly known as the San Sebastian Bridge!)

"But you can do the job
when you're in town!"


(Just visit all these sites
by taking the 1
between Ormond Beach
and Jacksonville!)


Yes, I'm in a right fine frame of mind!
This has been a fabulous day for driving, with the sun in the sky and a song in my head!
I had the radio on briefly, but it wasn't playing my song, so off it went.
And what might that song have been?
Well, one verse is above, so that's the clue!
Still can't guess it?
It's "Winter Wonderland"!
Ever since I heard the complete song, it's been my holiday ear-worm.

This afternoon, I was treated
to hearing it once more,
live and in person -
and by the same quartet
who had graced me with it
at the church Christmas party!
The Driftaway quartet did
a fine job with it, too!
They weren't alone, either.
In fact, the entire 13th Colony Sound
(Savannah's Barbershop harmonizers) was there,
on the stage at Asbury Memorial,
with a free Barbershop Christmas concert!
In fact, they were the reason I had
departed The Cove a day early -
just for this show!
They had even brought a special guest!
No, I'm not talkin' 'bout Serendipity,
the female a capella singers.
No, no, no, my dears -
Elvis was up there with the Oldennaires!
And why wouldn't he be?
After all, he's almost 83!
Plus, they were singing his song,
"Blue Christmas", in his famous style!
Thanks, y'all, thankyouverymuch!

i thank You, God, for this day!

No comments: