Sunday, December 23, 2018

young sheldon, little women, and a cat

As if there might be any doubt, this confirmed that Christmas was around the corner.
As I have mentioned before, I miss Charles Osgood on Sundays and can relate to how his children felt for all these years.
But there he was today, twinkling the ivories and his eyes, singing "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas"!
Thank you, dear sir, I will certainly try.

My good fortune next led me to church and an
uplifting sermon from Billy about "A Red Nose & an Unexpected Baby".
I had found a seat beside my friend Joe Driggers.
Right place, right time.
Without him, I would not have known that ten-year-old boy was Iain Armitage, the star of "Young Sheldon", in town visiting his grandparents for the holidays.

After a brief stay at home, I was off to The Playshop downtown for the second play of the Savannah Repertory Theatre's current season.
This time was a beloved story from my youth, told with song: "Little Women: The Musical"!
Fabulous! That's just what I told Jennifer Bishop, too.
As her brother said before the show, their grandparents would be so proud!

Southside was next destination, to answer the call
of a lonesome old-lady kitteh.
Cat-sitting was again in my realm, as Kevin was off
to see his three nieces and his folks.
Jinx and I had a long visit together, watching three episodes of "Psych" and sharing plenty of touch-time, before I bid her adieu and headed for home.

And then, it finally happened...
the palindromic odometer reading of 203302...
the cool numeric sequence I had been awaiting...
as I entered my neighborhood...
looking much like one of the suns featured earlier
on "CBS Sunday Morning".
Right place, right time...
all day long.
(smile)
i thank You, God.

No comments: