Saturday, December 29, 2018

party at the post!

Tonight was the last chance to dance at American Legion Post 36 -
so thank God I was on fb and found out about the party!
Free food, no door charge, cheap drinks, and...
a table full of free raffle prizes!
Plus there was this awesome DJ, keeping the music going!
"Raspberry Beret", "Another One Bites The Dust", "Baby Got Back", "Mustang Sally", and so many others!
Of course this rock star was up on that sweet dance floor!

I didn't even care that I was rarely joined there.
Nope, not one whit!
I knew from experience that these folks only get up for line dances.
That's why I requested "Cupid Shuffle" for them!
Throughout the night, our leader raffled off the free prizes, including this whiz-bang bundle of Savannah Bananas goodies that I won!
Now, that was a major award, worth at least sixty bucks!
I was amazed that no one else chose it from the prize table before my number was selected.
Maybe they didn't realize it was the most expensive item on the table.
Hooray for me!
Hooray for me for sticking it out, too. Michelle and Doris were the only ones who even said hi to me, but the one was there with her visiting family and the other was working the bar. That meant I sat alone.
But I hung in there for that first hour, while the DJ was getting set up...
I stayed put, while we were waiting for the catered dinner from Olive Garden...
and I danced and danced while the others sat and drank at the bar and the tables.
Their loss!

Post 36 will soon be 100 years old, but it won't be in this building.
I'm glad about that.
Hopefully, its new location won't allow smoking inside.
I know I'll be there more often if it's smoke-free!
Here's hoping for more time with these folks in the new year, with all of us getting to know each other a bit better than we have.
If there's no transformation of me or them, then I'll have to take the advice of my other wolf and walk away.
(smile)
Meanwhile, thanks for the dance party, free dinner, and the Bananas gear, y'all!

No comments: