Monday, December 31, 2018

pie fight!!!

Here's the loading of paper plates
with heaping mounds of shaving cream!
That's JinHi in the knight's helmet
with the red crest.
I'm at the top left, in my new blood donor shirt.
The host, (Pa)Trick Kelly, is the black-shirted,
bald man in the front.
Beside Sir JinHi in red is Molly of Odd Lot.
Casey of ABAC stands off to the upper left.

Here's the next phase: getting lined
up against the first 'opponent'!
I'm between Molly and Trick
as he explains the few rules.
Across from me is Casey, fated to
be the first to be pied by me...
and the first I am pied by!
JinHi Rand is to be Molly's first,
with husband Mark Rand to fall
under the pies of Trick.
(The pie Yeti approved!)

Here's an end view of the pie-ing
line, with the six of us...

and here is that line from its
other end,
with Skyler Kelly to the left,
opposite Lillian Soucy -
that's dad Soucyman filming -
hostess Tara Kelly all set to
pie her son's best pal, Cedric,
and Tucker of Odd Lot to pie his
gal, daughter Destiny Kelly.
It's a Kelly family thing!
(smile)

Then it's back to the table
to reload and grab some back up!
I must have refilled my plates
at least four times!
Hahahaha hahaha!
I tried to make sure my pies
found their way onto everyone...

but especially heavily on
Khalief, latecomer to the party!
Everybody loaded him up!
(smile)
In true Odd Lotter form,
he took it all in stride,
with a huge grin the
whole time!

Thirty minutes later, the melee had come to a halt,
the shaving cream cans had all been emptied, now there was naught.
The fun-loving participants of the 10th Annual Pie Fight
had each been thoroughly creamed
with the rich and long-lasting Barbasol lather, of color so light,
and all gladly agreed it was the best they had dreamed!

I loved every minute of it!
EVERY...
MINUTE...!!!
My thanks to Chris and Megan Soucy for the fabulous photos!
My thanks to the Kellys for opening this family fest to all!
My thanks to all who participated for this New Year's Eve event!
i thank You, God, for the the magnificent weather!
Right place, right time!

There were even marshmallows to roast -
great big lovely ones! -
and wonderful conversations
as we watched the ball drop in Times Square...
and then the Fleur-de-Lis in New Orleans...
(so the time stamp is not quite right
for this post...
I claim poetic license and invoke
the suspension of disbelief)
for a most wonderful night!

No comments: