Sunday, December 2, 2018

not my Elvis, not an ETA, for the charm!


For the third time this year, I've seen a movie with an Elvis-like star, but none like this!
He was a robot!
Well, he was an android, to be correct, designed with wavy hair and sideburns and even the right body type.
And his shoes had wheelies, to zip-zip-zip him along!
(smile)
I almost begged off from going to the Royal of Pooler to see "Robo 2.0".
I woke tired, not even going to church.
I didn't go to the Savannah Children's Theatre, either, for their Christmas show.
I did get my little tree decorated, though, and that made me feel better...
so much so that I didn't back out from this trip with Barbara and Carolyn.
i thank You, God!
This bit of old-school science fiction was just what I needed to break the slump!
Here's the premise: a social misfit takes offense at the world when a new cell phone tower in his neighborhood causes the death of a flock of sparrows. He hangs himself in that tower, with his spiritual energy returning to wreak havoc, taking the form of a giant metal bird formed from all of the local cell phones.
That causes the revival of Chitti, an android designed to battle evil. This time, though, he's revved up and even more modernized, complete with flashy duds and punk hairdo - but still obviously an homage to Elvis Presley.
Oh, yeah!
Chitti 2.0 gathers helpers - in his image, but smaller... hilarious!
The movie itself wasn't Bollywood, but it did surprise us with a fabulous dance number before the credits rolled. And guess what? It was a romantic bit between Chitti 2.0 and the female android!
Delightful!
(smile!)
My thanks to Barbara and Carolyn for this adventure from ennui.
i thank You, God, for them in my life.

No comments: