Friday, February 22, 2019

a sports play? seriously?

I think I'll just let my tripadvisor post speak for me.
"Let me preface this by saying I am NOT a fan of the Green Bay Packers or football.
That made my unexpected enjoyment of "Lombardi"
all the more incredible!
I had truly never been to a play that felt like a documentary, not until now.
This story had so much action and energy packed into
its 90-minutes, too!
I was on the edge of my seat for much of it.
Excellent acting, as always with this group, plus astroturf on the floor.
I can't wait to tell my brothers about this play!
"
Of what group did I speak?
The Savannah Repertory Theatre!
Their new season line-up is coming soon and I'm
already planning to be a season member again!
Whose leg is that beside mine?
Well, that appendage belongs to my dear Scott,
now again working locally.
Hooray! He and I met for the first time in
ages at Betty Bombers, about two weeks ago.
We tried to recall when it was that we first met
- 1993? or was it 1994? - then agreed that it
had been "a really long time ago".
One of the things I love about the Eagle Scout are
the incredible stories he has.
I asked about his NYE trip to Atlantic City, that he had noted on fb, and what did I get in return?
A tale that was three-and-a-half hours long, about his out-maneuvering the antics of a crazy ex-girlfriend!
We began the tale at Betty's, then it continued as we walked all over Forsyth Park - closing it down! - before its conclusion in front of the American Legion.
You bet I stayed tuned in to the whole thing!
It was hilarious!
I'm so glad I reserved all the time on my dance card for him tonight!
(smile!)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Hey, hey! Check out the news on TripAdvisor!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60814-d13799770-r654226052-Savannah_Repertory_Theatre-Savannah_Georgia.html