Tuesday, February 19, 2019

mac davis had it right

"I believe in music", he wrote, "I believe in love!"
"Music is the universal language, and love is the key
to peace, love and understanding, and living in harmony."
Those lyrics have been woven into my body chemistry since the early 1970's.
So, what has brought them to mind today?
The ex is coming to town on Saturday.
I'll be having dinner with him and Amy.
Last night, as I threw myself out of the house, that visit was on my mind.
I wondered if 94.9 and 96.5 were still country music stations?
Then my thoughts went to my "too many -ers" post.
"People think I'm a lion when I'm really a kitty," I thought.


And what song did I hear, like a blast from the past, on a radio station I'd not heard before?
"Please Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood"!
That song by The Animals was on one of the four (or five) albums Daddy gave me with my GE Wildcat turntable.
It was like Daddy was right there beside me!
It made me laugh out loud in gladness!

Bumblebee sprang to mind, too, with his use of the radio to find the words his shattered voice box could no longer utter... just as the dead can no longer be audible to the living.
Pennies directly in my path...
odometer readings popping up at the right time...
messages in the sky using clouds...
music on the radio at just the right time -
all are communications from those I loved who have ventured off-planet.
I know the Soucy man would understand.
Like me, he listens to the world... and so he had heard, as have I.

i thank You, God, for these echoes of love.

1 comment:

faustina said...

One more thought.
The Bee Gees had it right, too.
"They're only words
and words are all I have
to mend your broken heart."
Amen to that.