Sunday, February 17, 2019

dancing to Elvis music in my living room!

After CinemaSavannah, Barbara and Carolyn and I headed over to Sakura Buffet - I was starving! I had neglected to eat lunch, so by 6 PM, my body let me know I was l-o-o-o-n-g overdue for food!
Of course, with them, I knew it would be a leisurely dinner.
(smile)
But I made it home with a few minutes to spare before 9 PM.
What might be on this evening?
Anything good?
Lo and behold!
I must be livin' right!
ABC surprised me with the "Elvis All-Star Tribute", an homage based on the "Singer Presents... Elvis" special in 1968!!!
They were even using the same stage that had been used more than fifty years ago!!!
WOW!
Willie even called me to make sure I knew it was on!
(smile!)
I am so blessed to have him looking out for me still!

Now, the show is over and my dancing, dancing, dancing is done...
well, for now at least!
(smile)
The show used the same format as the original, just like that first show in Vegas did.
Hooray!
I do wish that some of the ETA's had been asked to perform, but I know the stars in the music world wanted to pay their respects to The King.
Some of them did outstandingly well, too.
Here are the ones I most enjoyed.

Blake Shelton
His rendition of "Trouble" and "Guitar Man", overlapped with footage from the original show, was very good! Yes, Blake is a little older than Elvis was ever blessed to be... but Blake has that same great sense of humor and good heart.
He also did an excellent cover of "Suspicious Minds" that kept me dancing!
(smile)

John Fogarty
His "Jailhouse Rock" might not have thrown wide the gates, but it sure did rattle the cages!
(smile)

Ed Sheeran
I'm not a big fan of his let's-get-them-into-bed songlist, but the man does have an angelic voice. He thankfully put it to excellent use for "Can't Help Falling In Love".
I think I have a better understanding of why my first niece favors him.
(smile)

Jennifer Lopez
RAWR! In a sparkly, painted-on catsuit, J Lo brought it for "heartbreak Hotel"! You go, girl!
(smile!)

Darius Rucker
I remain so thankful that he is no longer a Blowfish! The man has a rich tone that can really crush it on songs like "One Night" - and he did!
(smile!)

John Legend
His version of "A Little Less Conversation" was spot-on!!! As this is one of my favorite songs, I was thrilled that he was so true to Elvis' style with it!
(smile!)

Mac Davis
Hey, I have loved this man ever since he had a variety show on tv. What beautiful "Memories" for me tonight!
(smile)

Adam Lambert
I honestly cannot tell you a single song he does. However, his cover of "Blue Suede Shoes" was rock'n'roll true and I just loved that he actually wore that footwear!
(smile!)

Pistol Annies
Sadly, I don't know who these three women are, either. That didn't stop me from enjoying every minute of "Love Me", though, I can assure you! Great harmonies!
(smile)

Dierks Bentley
Hey, here's a singer I know a bit! I sure wouldn't mind being his "Little Sister"! Rock on, man!
(smile!)

Josh Groban
Wow! I somehow keep forgetting that Elvis Presley had an operatic range, but I was reminded of that fact with "It's Now Or Never". O sole mio!
(smile!)

Elvis Presley, himself
Yes, through the magic of television, the show ended on the same note as did the original: with The King singing "If I Can Dream", his tribute song to Martin Luther King, Jr.
Magnificent!

i thank You, God, I was home for this gift of music.

No comments: