Monday, February 4, 2019

am i truly ice?


Remember when I had claimed that I was no longer answering to "white"?
Instead, I chose to refer to myself as being Irish-Cherokee-English - i.e., ICE.
(smile)
I already had firm evidence, as Benjamin Franklin's great-great-and-more-niece.
Now, I'm going to find out for sure about the Irish and the Native American.
MyHeritage, an Israeli-based genealogy group, had a special going for Valentine's Day: $59.
That's close enough to my magic number of 'sixty' to qualify as a gift to me!
How did I decide which DNA test to purchase?
Well, this site helped, as they did the homework for me.
Database of at least 1 million?
Yes.
Results from a cheek swab, not saliva?
Yes.
Online genealogical community to find relatives?
Yes.
Complete autosomal analysis of the polymer of deoxyribonucleic acids in the samples?
Yes.
The only point of concern was the relatively small number of geographic regions (only 42).
Still, I believe it will be the best fit for my needs.
I did the two swabs earlier, one for each cheek, and sealed them away.
Now, to await the results!

1 comment:

Faustina said...

They have received my samples!
What a relief!
The email was dated February 9th, yesterday.
They said processing the samples would take about four weeks, so this time next month, I should know a little more about myself.
(smile)
Good, bad, or ugly, I'll look forward to the knowledge!