Saturday, February 2, 2019

boy next door

When my family moved to Forrest Hills that summer of 1969, the Hutcheson's were to our right and the Norman's were to our left.
That was a boon for my brothers, as both neighbors had boys their ages.
My youngest brother, who now owns our family home, told me earlier today that Frankie Hutcheson died on Thursday.
He was 56 years old, the same age as my middle brother, Ronnie.
Frankie was the eldest of the three next door.
The photo above is one posted by his eldest daughter, named for him.
I feel for her, to have lost her dad at such a young time in her life.
She is just in her 30's, comparable in age to my first niece.
There are so many similarities between the two of them, growing up with fathers who abused alcohol and drugs.
I can't help but think that this might have been Christina's dad that had died, especially as the circumstances are so similar.
i thank You, God, for continued time with Ronnie.

No comments: