Wednesday, February 6, 2019

bread puddin' - oh, yeah, yeah!


I have been craving bread pudding for months now.
Today, I did something about that - I made some myself!
I had been concerned about finding a recipe, but guess what?
Lactaid had one on their website!!!
Thanks for looking out for me, y'all!
Of course, I modified it, as I do with almost all recipes.
No sugar for me, thanks - I'm sweet enough.
(smile)
Also, my cupboard was bare of vanilla, so I added ginger and nutmeg instead.
I also had to modify the amounts, as my baking dish was 11" x 7" x 2".
And you know what?
It's fantastic!
Fabulous taste, excellent texture... and it has beautiful marbling!.
That's because I used eleven pieces of bread, with almost equal quantities of sourdough, pumpernickel, french, and 9-grain represented.
Why did I do that?
Well, that was the bread left over from Dawn's Annual Soup Party (DASP), last Saturday.
She had told me to take all I wanted and I had left with a bag full of different breads...
dreaming about bread pudding...
and now my dream has come true!
Hallelujah!
(smile)

1 comment:

faustina said...

Well, I made it last longer than I had thought it might.
(smile)
The last two pieces - of twelve - were enjoyed last night.
I'll definitely have to do that again sometime!