Wednesday, February 15, 2023

missing my beautiful laundrette

I find myself still going to where Wash Plus once was, more for sentimental reasons than anything else.

Not that it was ever as posh as the one in the 1985 film, "My Beautiful Laundrette", where the owner was inspired to dance with his mistress as the machines awaited their first loads of clothes.

HBO offered me free access to that movie just two weeks ago.

It truly was as memorable then as it had been the first time I saw it, when it was new.

(smile!)

Not so the coin-operated laundry in Sandfly.

I was discussing that with the old man who was also there, washing his clothes, missing Nami and the haven she had made.

Hopefully, all the broken washers and dryers will soon be repaired... and I'll keep returning until it closes.

No comments: