Wednesday, February 22, 2023

midweek lunch ladies!

Today, I had this lovely lass at luncheon!
 
What a breath of spring air she is and pretty as a picture, that first niece of mine!
 
We were out at Houlihan's again, as that seems to be our 'new' favorite!
 
I think what that really means is Christina likes being spoiled by a three-course menu, especially one that includes a delectable chocolate dessert.
 
As for me, I'm exploring their seafood options.
 
You know: I see food and I eat it!
(smile!)
 
Yeah, that's one of those older jokes... 
which is appropriate, as I'm old-er, too!
 
As for this grilled pesto salmon, isn't it a treat for the eyes as well as the taste buds?
 
And that ain't pasta it's sittin' on... it's spaghetti squash!
 
I'd never had it before and it was great!
 
This is the only place I've ever been with spaghetti squash on the menu.
 
Yeah, we'll be back, for sure.
(smile!)
 
Tomorrow, I'll dine with the delightful Dawn, at 'our' usual place.

I've come to realize that she likes to associate a particular place with each girlfriend, perhaps to keep her social calendar in order.

I'm fine with being linked to Thai food!

The King & I usually has some specials of the day, so I hope they have Shrimp Salad again.

With the rice noodles, it's unlike any other version I've ever had!

Oh, that reminds me of this joke meme posted by my artist chico in Chico!

A really nasty woman sitting... in a diner... called over [the] waitress 9rudely) and said, "I don't know what kind of ruse you're trying to perpetrate. I've had soup du jour before, and (points to bowl), this isn't it."

Hahahaha! Hahaha!

Methinks her French is sorely lacking!
(smile!)

Now, I have a meeting with Smitty to finish up his business taxes, at last.
The forms came late, so we're doing the best we can.
I spent more than five hours on this over the weekend, but it's done except for signatures.
And, he says this is the last time for these EOY reports...
the business is officially closed!
Good for him!!!
And bye for now!

No comments: