Sunday, February 5, 2023

yes, i can do that, mint

FoxBot 11:28 AM
I'm going to pull a customer care human into this, one moment...
You have been transferred to: Manilyn P..

Manilyn P. 11:28 AM
Hi Faustina!  Thank you for reaching out to Mint Mobile Customer Care! My name is Manilyn and I'm happy to assist you today!
I understand you're seeing an issue with sending your text photos,  Is that correct?

Faustina Smith 11:28 AM
correct.

Manilyn P. 11:29 AM
Thanks for confirming, In regards with your concern, nothing to worry since you've got me here on the line. I can definitely help you with that.
Can you please verify the Mint phone number that we'll be working with today?

Faustina Smith 11:29 AM
xxx

Manilyn P. 11:29 AM
Thanks Faustina! Hold on please.
Can I have the make and model of your device please?

Faustina Smith 11:30 AM
Alcatel GO Flip 3

Manilyn P. 11:31 AM
Thanks for providing Faustina. May I know is this the same device you're using while chatting right now?

Faustina Smith 11:31 AM
No, I am on my laptop for this chat.

Manilyn P. 11:32 AM
I see, that's good to know Faustina.
This time we need to reset network settings on your device, Would that be okay for you?

Faustina Smith 11:33 AM
yes

Manilyn P. 11:33 AM
Thanks for that.
I will be sending you steps on what you should do on your end before you reset network settings on your device, please hang on for a while.

Faustina Smith 11:34 AM
will do

Manilyn P. 11:36 AM
Here's what you need to do :

Please remove the physical sim card inserted in your device and after that the steps below;
1. From the home screen, tap the menu symbol.
2. Tap Settings.
3. Tap Network & connection.
4. Tap Mobile network.
5. Tap Access Point Names.
6. Tap the options symbol.
7. Tap Reset to default. The network settings have been reset.

Faustina Smith 11:37 AM
Ok. Will do.

[Those must be for smart phone users. I omitted the "tap" parts when I did them and 'selected' the items instead.]

Manilyn P. 11:37 AM
Kindly follow the steps that I have provided Faustina.
Is there anything else I can assist you with? I want to make sure we clear up any questions you have before we go.
By the way for your future reference if you have time aside from our Mint app, you can log in your account via Mint Website https://my.mintmobile.com/login. Thanks.
If the issue still persists kindly contact with us again so that we can to the APN configuration of your device, Is that okay Faustina ?

Faustina Smith 11:41 AM
Please wait. I am having a problem getting the back off my phone.

Manilyn P. 11:41 AM
Yes sure Faustina, I will patiently wait here on the line.
Please let me know, once you're done Faustina. And I will just bump you every two minutes to avoid disconnection.

Faustina Smith 11:44 AM
okay, finally got the back off and took out the sim card. Do i put the sim card back in before i do the other steps?

[It took 8 minutes, and a small flat-blade screwdriver, to get the back off.
So glad I kept my 'tweeker' from my Navy days.
]

Manilyn P. 11:44 AM
After you reset network settings on your device that's the time you re-insert your sim card Faustina .

Faustina Smith 11:46 AM
ok, powering on phone.

Manilyn P. 11:46 AM
Okay, take your time Faustina.

Faustina Smith 11:48 AM
I am in "Network & Connectivity". "Mobile network" is not highlighted as a choice.
When I click on it, nothing comes up.

Manilyn P. 11:49 AM
Oh I see, hold on please.
Since you can't see Mobile Network on the settings, can we now proceed to set-up your APN ?

Faustina Smith 11:51 AM
Is that Access Point Networks?

Manilyn P. 11:51 AM
Yes, that is correct.

Faustina Smith 11:52 AM
Where do I find that in "Settings"?

Manilyn P. 11:53 AM
I will send you steps on how to do that on your end, But before can you re-insert your sim card back please?
Then after that we can proceed to set-up your APN Faustina.

Faustina Smith 11:53 AM
Okay, will put sim card back in.

Manilyn P. 11:53 AM
Thank you
Please let me know once you're done

Faustina Smith 11:54 AM
done, powering up phone

Manilyn P. 11:55 AM
Okay here's the steps on how to set-up APN on your end. Please follow the steps Faustina.
1.) Go into your phone’s Settings, select Connections, followed by Mobile Networks, then Access Point Names and select Add to enter the following information:
Name – Mint
APN – Wholesale
Proxy – (leave blank)
Port – (leave blank)
Username – (leave blank)
Password – (leave blank)
Server – (leave blank)
MMSC – http://wholesale.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
Multimedia Message Proxy – (leave blank)
Multimedia Message Port – 8080
MCC – 310
MNC – 260
Authentication Type – (leave blank)
APN Type – default,supl,mms,ia
APN Protocol – IPv4/IPv6
APN Roaming Protocol – IPv4

2.) Tap the three dots in the top right corner and select Save; ensure that the new Access Point Name is selected and restart your phone.

Just to let you know I am still patiently waiting here on the line Faustina, please let me know once you're done .

Faustina Smith 11:59 AM
yes, it's taking a while to find these items, not in the order you listed.

[Several of the items did not even exist, like MCC, MNC.]

Manilyn P. 12:00 PM
Oh I see, nothing to worry, you can take your time Faustina for you to be able see that in your end.

Faustina Smith 12:01 PM
After MMS Port is MMSC. Is that where I enter the website?

Manilyn P. 12:02 PM
Yes that's correct
For MMSC- http://wholesale.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
Please let me know, if you're done  Faustina.

Faustina Smith 12:05 PM
still working on it

[For whatever reason, 'predictive text' was not working.
That meant tapping each key the correct number of times to get the desired letter.
For instance, to reach 's', I had to tap the '7' key four times.
Slow, but at least I remembered how to text like that.
]

Manilyn P. 12:06 PM
Okay Faustina, please take your time.  I will just make sure that you're still with me

Faustina Smith 12:07 PM
all data in, restarting now

[Entering data took 12 minutes.]

Manilyn P. 12:07 PM
Okay Faustina, thanks that you're done.
After your phone powers back up, you can test these new settings by sending yourself a picture message.

Faustina Smith 12:09 PM
Woohoo!!! It worked! just sent a photo via text!

Manilyn P. 12:09 PM
Perfect!

Faustina Smith 12:09 PM
Thank you so much!

Manilyn P. 12:09 PM
Congratulations!
Is there anything else I can assist you with? I want to make sure we clear up any questions you have before we go.

Faustina Smith 12:09 PM
I have not been able to send photos since Thursday.

Manilyn P. 12:09 PM
Thanks God! Finally

Faustina Smith 12:10 PM
That's all I needed. Whew!

Manilyn P. 12:10 PM
Thanks so much for your patience as we tried to sort this out. Take care and have a great rest of your day!  It was my pleasure to help you today. Thank you for choosing Mint Mobile!

If you wish to rate my assistance given today, I'd like to hear your feedback and improve my customer service. You just need to tap on the thumbs up you see on your screen and leave your comments!

Faustina Smith 12:10 PM
Thanks again!
 
Manilyn P. 12:10 PM
Have a great day ahead Faustina! bye for now
Very much welcome !

No comments: