Friday, February 10, 2023

i have nephews that live there

Well, I do.
I have two nephews that currently reside in Cullman, Alabama, and that's where he's from.
 
"That's where who is from?"
 
Channing Tatum. 
He was born there. 
His family moved when he was six, but that little town is where he started out.
 
"And just what brought him to mind?"
 
My first niece and I went to his new movie this morning!
 
"You mean early afternoon, right?"
 
Nope! 
"Magic Mike's Last Dance" started at 11 AM at the NCG and we were right there!
I got so hot watching it that I had to take off my top!
 
"You're kidding, right?"
 
Oh, I assure you I am telling the absolute truth!
Good thing I had my pink camisole under that favorite blue sweater.
It looks lightweight, but it traps heat well.
Christina never even wore her wrap, so clearly the 42-year-old former stripper still works well for us.
(smile!)

"Yeah, I see those big grins!
I take it that this was snapped after the movie?"
 
For sure!
I even danced during the credits, with neither of us making a move to leave until the lights came up.
Yeah, that Magic Mike still has the touch...
even from beyond the silver screen!
I do hope AMC brings this one soon so I can see it several times with my A*List!
I paid for this one, for both of us, but I'm pretty spoiled 
by having a weekly dance card.
(smile!)
 
"That sounds like it's an inside joke."
 
Well, it certainly could be... hahahaha! Hahaha!
 
"Did y'all jet off to The Garden of Olive afterward?"
 
No, she didn't have time for that.
She had to be back by 3 PM to pick up her girls.
That's why we went to this movie instead of "Titanic", which is one of her favorites.
It didn't have a start time that worked for her time boundary.
 
"So, where did you dine?"
 
At a place I've been meaning to check out, but hadn't.
I've been to the Od Crab House in Hinesville with her, but we have several in town and one in this Victory shopping center.
So, we walked there from the cinema and had a fairly quick lunch!
I had grilled shrimp and she had the kids' order of fried shrimp.
Very tasty!
 
"And she was able to get done in time for her drive back?

Well, it was cutting it pretty close, but we left at 2 PM.

"Very close!
Still, I'm glad y'all were able to have lunch and a movie!"
 
Me, too!
I guess it hasn't been so very long since we were together, but missing out on our Friday last month seems to have made it seem longer.
I'm glad we were at this particular cinema, too.
I went straight to Victory Planet after and got in my 30 minutes on the treadmill!
This is the first time I actually saw a bunch of people using them, but no one seems to do that for more than about ten or fifteen minutes.
I feel like I get a good cardio workout from it, as my heart rate goes up to 100 for much of it.
 
"That doesn't seem that high...
 
Yes, it is. 
Roughly doubling that resting heart rate seems like good enough right now.
My nutritionist, Elizabeth Carley, was very pleased that I had joined the Purple Planet on my own, with no goosing from her.
I met with her yesterday, and will see her again in April.
As for the workout routine, I'll ask Dr. Cobb next month when I see him.

"That sounds like a good plan.
Hey, looks like your Japanese magnolia has progressed right along, too!"
 
Yes, it has, with fresh green leaves almost all over!
And there she is, in the rain again.
(smile!)
 
"With a sign from the Tybee talk about the Okefenokee?"
 
You bet!
They gave me that sign for free, so I had to put it out there!
 
"And let me guess: more love is going into the mail?"
 
But of course!
I even got home from my workout in time to see the mailman, but he was already past my house.
I just waited for him to come back on the other side of his route.
I had twelve envelopes with Valentines going out!!!
Two were in each one, with seven of them having three!
That's because the red joke cards are from 2021.
So the older kids - Leila, Alyssa, C J, Caitlyn, Kobe, Merritt, Conner, and Aubree - got those again.
The younger kids - Miyah, Chloe, Sebi, and Bert - only got two cards in their envelopes, but they're new and even have a 3-D character.
One that's marine life, one that's food.
(smile!)
 
"What about the two living just down the street with Grandpa Tony?" 

Hey, I didn't forget about Carissa and Dylan!
I'll bounce down there on Monday and hand-deliver their cards.
That'll be a surprise for them!
(smile!)

"Very good!"

No comments: